More from "Annie"

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

More from "Annie"

Postby robbbie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Another one from "Annie".

"Dear Annie: I am the father of two sons, 7 and 11. At what point do you stop dressing or being naked in front of your children? I come from a minister's family, and my wife comes from a somewhat dysfunctional family. Let's just say they are at the other end of the spectrum and leave it at that.
My wife still gets dressed and undressed in front of the boys, and thinks nothing of coming out of the shower naked while the boys are in our bedroom watching TV. I sometimes get dressed in front of them at home or at the changing room at the pool.
What do you think? — Curious in Maryland
Dear Curious: Parents of the opposite sex should not be undressing in front of their children after the age of 4. Unless you intend to raise them as nudists, both of your boys are too old for this. The 11-year-old will be going through puberty soon and will become plenty confused if he is inadvertently aroused by his mother. Insist that every member of the family have some privacy."

http://www.creators.com/advice/annies-mailbox/annie-s-mailbox-r-2009-09-29.html

What is magical about age 4? I certainly wasn't "plenty confused" at age 11 (I may be plenty confused now!)
robbbie
Permanent Resident

Re: More from "Annie"

Postby Larryk1052 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Her use of the age of 4 seems quite arbitrary. But, she did at least make raising a child as a nudist an exception. Seems like if the the children have been seeing their parents nude in non-sexual situations that there shouldn't be any confussion. Whether you are living the nudist life style or not, open nudity within the family would have beneficial results. I think Annie is falling victum to the culture.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Diary of A Nudist wrote about this here (with warning) and here (no warning). You can read his take on it.

** The warning is due to the naturist pictures he often posts
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:59 am

At least she left open the possibility that they were being raised as nudists. But what if parents simply want their children to be raised without all the hangups and stigma generally associated with seeing a nude human body? I would say there are PLENTY of families of all-aged children that move freely about their house with or without clothing who do not consider themselves to be "nudists" but rather, "casual", "comfortable" or merely "practical".
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Larry, the "arbitrary" age of 4 is also the age of many of our first detailed memories...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Family issues