My wife lives with a naked guy

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My wife lives with a naked guy

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:45 pm

I was reflecting on my own naturist behaviour lately and realized that I now sometimes go for days without ever putting on more than socks and shoes and maybe a hat if I go out doors. And my wife takes it completely relaxed and in stride. In the last 24 hours
-- I slept naked,
-- got up and cooked breakfast naked,
-- ate breakfast with her on the sun porch while I was naked
-- surfed the internet and read e-mails naked
-- took the car for a short drive to warm the engine oil naked
-- changed the oil and filter naked
-- checked out the car for an upcoming trip naked
-- ate lunch and watched a video with her while I was naked
-- fixed the storm door on the front porch naked with her assisting me.
-- cleaned up the work area after the oil change naked
-- went for a walk in our woods naked
-- stirred paint and got ready to go out painting naked
-- finally put on some clothes for about an hour to go re-mark the fence lines for no trespassing for the upcoming deer season (had to crawl under barbed wire and walk through poison ivy locations)
Came back after marking the land for about an hour and a half, and immediately stripped naked
-- A little more internet naked
-- Ate supper and watched another viedo with her while I was naked
-- Finished some checking the car out stuff naked
-- I am writing this naked
-- I will go to bed in an hour or two naked

And it has pretty much been like this the last several days. Sometimes I may be continuously naked for 2 or 3 days (not counting shoes and socks) It is pretty much how it is and she is very accepting of it. It is just the way it is and there is no indication that she finds anything wrong or objectionable in it. She is the most compatible reluctant spouse a naturist could have. I just wish I could get her to take that one little step more and join me.

I know that some of you have reluctant spouses and could only wish for someone so tolerant.... even supportive as mine. It is frustrating to have come this far and not been able to get her to take that last step, but alas, a whole childhood of having textile values and body shame drilled and drummed into her have taken a toll. Still I hope and pray. I think if only I could get her around some naturist women (especially if they had been clued in ahead of time) that maybe.... just maybe..... she could be free!
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: My wife lives with a naked guy

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 am

Good for you Bare_Truth for having such an understanding and tolerant wife. Yes, it'd certainly be great if we could find the right trigger to get our reluctant spouses to cross over to nudity with us and then live naked and free 24/7 together.

I had pretty much the same kind of freedom you describe for about the first six months after becoming a nudist but with our daughter returning home to live with us now for nearly three years and our beautiful little 3 year old granddaughter I'm relegated to at least wearing shorts pretty much all the time when they're around. Fortunately, if I'm briefly nude in her or our granddaughter's presence our daughter doesn't freak out but I think my wife would have lots to say about impropriety, etc.

Good luck with, hopefully, some day convincing your wife o cross over with you. I'll keep hoping mine will do the same.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby ezduzit » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 am

:like: :like: :like:
Ez
ezduzit

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:50 am

To be honest, I almost did not start this strip. I feel a little guilty bemoaning that I cannot get my wife to just come that little bit farther into naturism. I know some of you have really rugged times with your spouse being far more reluctant than mine. And there have been posts from time to time about reluctant spouses who have eventually crossed over, and that would be such a blessing. It is not that I want to manipulate my wife into naturism, I just wish she were free from the body shame that restrains her.

Retirement can shrink one's social circle and It would be nice to be able to expand it in that direction. Naturists are some of the most sociable people I have ever met. I attribute that to the shedding of pretence and façade that comes with shedding of clothing.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:31 am

And there's a big difference between "country" and "city." Out in the country, you aren't surrounded by nosy neighbors (at least, not within easy sight distance), and you can see and hear who's coming. Here in the city, while "our house is our castle" (or apartment or condominium etc.), we can't get outdoors in the nude to speak of (no "Englischgarten" here in Denver!) and we even have to be careful about our own windows. And in my particular hostel-living situation I can never tell who's going to be offended. Very different from the Ozark Plateau, or the Sandhills of Nebraska where I grew up.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:35 am

I wonder what your wife says about you when talking to her friends. Too bad you can't get her to at least enjoy lunch on the porch top free or sleep nude.

I think you've mentioned enjoying showering together. I wonder if you could stretch that out to going out on the sun porch to dry off.

My wife is similarly tolerant, but she does participate some. We sleep nude, and if I ask her she will spend time nude when it is just the two of us around the house. But it is not something she initiates. And on sunny days, I will strip off as much as I dare to have lunch on our deck while she will remain in T-shirt and sweats.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:09 pm

jasenj1 wrote:I wonder what your wife says about you when talking to her friends.
She does not have a very wide circle of friends that she chit-chats with, and none that she shares that sort of intimate details with. On top of that they are all strongly "Textile by default"[1] and she would not share that sort of thing with them anyway.

[1]
Textile by default:
Persons who were raised with the notion that being clothed is a necessity except when having sex, and hence equate nudity and sex, never having seriously considered or examined the alternate possibility of chaste non-sexual nudity.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 am

To those that have wives that love them and spend time with them, naked OR CLOTHED, be grateful.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:40 am

Fo tru
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 am

Well said prarieboy.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby MtnDewNudist » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:50 am

I am truly blessed with not only a supportive wife but one who is willing to go with should the occasion arise. She easily went with me to Hippie Hollow and participated there without much reservation. She does admit to some degree of body shame and so will not actively seek out a public venue,however she has no problem being nude at home around the kids and allows me to be nude whenever I wish. We have an open home and the kids come and go as they please which means they often see us nude. They are also at time nude and no one has any real issues with it.

I hope I am not coming over like I am bragging,well I will brag about having such an awesome wife and not just when dealing with nudity, she's truly an angel. I do wish everyone well and hope that your wives will open up more or for those who are single, I wish the best for you in finding a true helpmeet who will not only be supportive but participate with you. That is my prayer for one and all.
MtnDewNudist
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:05 am

Which is appreciated. Still, until God adjusts attitudes in one of us I would rather be overdressed on the stickiest day Libreville has seen with Herself than at the best naturist venue on a perfect afternoon with anyone else.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun May 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Yeah, this is an old strip but this is a reasonable next chapter/milestone.

In all my previous comments pertaining to doing various mundane things of life while naked and in the presence of my wife. Some of those times, it was not all that much her choice, but rather happenstance. Progress is often in small steps.

Today was the first time I can remember when I was involved in an activity while nude and my wife exercised the option to join me in that activity when she could have chosen otherwise (e.g. a later part of the day when I was done with my part) and when she was under no imperative however mild to do so.

I was out in the garden planting pole beans and forming the poles up into "teepees" to give them wind resistance. I had just planted the beans and was starting this work with the poles when she also came out to the garden to plant some tomatoes and bell peppers. Joining me in garden work is just something that likely does not happen unless I have requested her assistance. Joining me in any sort of work while I am nude...... I am not sure I can remember that ever happening before.

I believe that the situation has advanced to the point that seeing me nude or nude and working is now so routine that it is no particular deal, and if her work happens to coincide with mine as to time and place, that me being nude has reached the point of being "Natural", just another part of how we live our life.

I see this as a hopeful step in that at least a certain amount of nudity is unremarkable and just a part of how we live, and not some exceptional big deal. Since gardening is an optional activity for us, (we could easily buy all the food we need), then growing our own is "optional" and therefore in some sense "recreational". If then, this can morph into something that is explicitly recreational, e.g. going to a resort that is CO except some areas, then perhaps the next step would be her taking part in those exceptional activities (e.g. Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna ....) nude. That would be a joy. :D
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun May 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Sounds good. Do you work well together? Herself's sense is that I am difficult.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Petros wrote:Herself's sense is that I am difficult.

Really? I find that hard to believe. :lol:
jasenj1
Native Resident

Next

Return to Family issues