Greetings and blessings

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Greetings and blessings

Postby Dracofyre » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Just joined, hope to make this a new home. Im an at home nudist for less than a year, and Christian for, um, lets see, 47 years.
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Re: Greetings and blessings

Postby Maverick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Howdy and welcome to The Village, Dracofyre. Your handle is interesting—care to explain why you chose it?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Welcome from NW GA!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:46 am

Welcome to CNV from Rome, NY. May you enjoy your stay.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:08 am

Good to have you here with us, Dracofyre. I'm in NW Illinois and have been a Christian for about 48 years (or more, depending on how God counts it). I've been an occasional nudist since the mid-'70s, but have had more opportunities in recent years. I grew up Methodist, but am now Mennonite.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Maverick wrote:Howdy and welcome to The Village, Dracofyre. Your handle is interesting—care to explain why you chose it?

Hi Maverick, Thanks for asking. It is Old English (I think) for "Dragon Fire". I know that dragons are mythological, but I like how they are portrayed as fierce and untamable. I like to think God would have created such a creature, maybe in heaven. It also betrays my love for Tolkien's world. I use it as my family name in the Lotro game I play occassionally. I cant really use my own name here. Im not ashamed, but Id like to keep my job with the Christian organization I work with and I dont think they would be very understanding.
Blessings
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm

RMOlson wrote:Welcome from NW GA!

Hi, RM
Would love to swim in the swimming hole you are pictured in in you avatar. You dont live that far away.
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Jim wrote:Good to have you here with us, Dracofyre. I'm in NW Illinois and have been a Christian for about 48 years (or more, depending on how God counts it). I've been an occasional nudist since the mid-'70s, but have had more opportunities in recent years. I grew up Methodist, but am now Mennonite.

My mother, grandparents, and their parents back a number of generations were Methodist. It is a great tradition. Ive also always liked the Mennonites. I worked with a few from the MCC when I was in Mozambique. I wonder if the Mennonites might be more open to a naturist lifestyle than dome other denominations. Oh, I lived in Wheaton IL for a couple of years when I was in school.

I like your avatar. I need to take a photo one of these days to put up.

Blessings
John
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:13 pm

nudist2011 wrote:Welcome to CNV from Rome, NY. May you enjoy your stay.

Fred

Hi Fred,
Thanks. Im happy to find "the village". I like the (mostly) intelligent discussions and the frank but lowkey gallery. I think Ill be around for a while.
John
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby RMOlson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am

Dracofyre wrote:

Hi, RM
Would love to swim in the swimming hole you are pictured in in you avatar. You dont live that far away.

Unfortunately, that waterhole is in SE Utah... I would love to swim there and several others again.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 pm

RMOlson wrote:
Dracofyre wrote:

Hi, RM

Unfortunately, that waterhole is in SE Utah... I would love to swim there and several others again.

I havent been skinny dipping for a long time. Would love it anywhere, but must admit that Utah might be a bit far. I think my lst time was at the spillway to the dam outside of Columbia, SC. I was camping with some friends and swam at night as I was modest then. A beautiful evening. Are there many places in your part of GA?

John
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby RMOlson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:46 pm

RMOlson wrote:
Dracofyre wrote:

I havent been skinny dipping for a long time. Would love it anywhere, but must admit that Utah might be a bit far. I think my lst time was at the spillway to the dam outside of Columbia, SC. I was camping with some friends and swam at night as I was modest then. A beautiful evening. Are there many places in your part of GA?

John

Unfortunately, I have not skinny dipped in GA except I Pools. But, I used to in NC all summer long creeks and lakes.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Return to Please Introduce Yourself