Who Are We - Education

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How far have you gone through school?

Elementary
No votes
High School
11%
Tech School
9%
College - Associates
11%
College - Bachelors
36%
University - Masters
29%
University - Doctorate
4%

Total votes : 98

Who Are We - Education

Postby natman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I thought it would be interesting for us to see where and how Christian Naturists live by introducing a series of polls.

I have set the polls up so that you can change your answer as conditions change.

They are also confidential so that no one knows how you specifically answered, but please be honest.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Who Are We - Education

Postby JWD » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:12 am

I picked tech school because it was inbetween HS and associate-college for the fact I tried getting an associate degree but fell short. I joined the Air Force and finished thier tech schooling.
Nudist- One who suffers from clothestrophobia.
(Left-Handed Dictionary)
JWD
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:57 pm

At the time of this post we are showing 78% with tech school or more education. 71% with AS or higher degrees. Wow!

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby pickypilot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 pm

My wife and I both have Masters Degrees. I'm a Bio-Medical Engineer and hers is in Speech Pathology.
Funny thing is that neither of us have been employed in our fields for over two decades.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
pickypilot
Resident

Postby NakedMan57 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 pm

I have a BA in Industrial Technology and an AAS in Aircraft Maintenance Technology.
My wife has an AS in Physical Education and an AAS in Aircraft Maintenance Technology.
We have held numerous teaching credentials and have taught Kindergarten through University. My wife was the drum line director for the Southern Utah University Marching Thunderbirds for several years. Free football games for me. :wink:
NakedMan57
Native Resident

Postby forsaken » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:20 am

Masters level...contemplating PhD, esp. since I have a GI bill to use
forsaken
Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 am

Bachelors in Vocational Education - Education, Training and Development. Also have two AS and one AA degree. Was a Master Instructor in the U. S. Air Force but have very little oportunity to apply the training in my current job.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 am

Now THIS ONE is easy. Born and bred in the briarpatch of academia, many years teaching or whatever at the U.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jdb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 am

I don't fit the form survey. I went to college 3 years as a religion major at a Baptist College but decided that if I could do anything else but pastor/preach I should not be a pastor. I tried. I had taken journalism after the three years, entomology for cirtus and cotton, farmed, had consturction interest. Studied the Bible, became a bi-vocational pastor and now with it a funeral director/owner.

The most rewarding is the simple studying of God's word and next the teaching the simple truths of God's word.

Your Bro in Christ

jdb
jdb
Resident

Location: Natalia, Texas, SW of San Antonio on the way to Laredo

Postby satexsun » Thu May 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Seems like I've been a student most of my life too. Had FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and also an Inspection Authorization. Got BA in Aviation Management in the mid 90s. Started Maters program when befopre we moved to Texas, got put on hold.

Got my Masters in Adult Education from University of Phoenix. Took five years of evenings and weekends to get through. That is enough for me.

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby wannabnude » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:32 pm

This feels validating somehow. This is an old thread, but I'm new to the site so exploring all over the place.

The villagers here are educated, upscale, religiously conservative mostly. This all seems the very antithesis of the stereotype of naturists!

I love it.... :)
"God does not COMMAND us to be clothed. He ALLOWS us to be clothed." R.C. Sproul
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby satexsun » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Wannab,

Are you hinting that most of us are not normal??

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby wannabnude » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Hmm.... "normal" implies coherent to some sort of standards or averages.

So, normal or not is depends completely on the population to which one is being compared.

So.... compared to society at large? Fairly non-normal, I'd say. But, in a very positive way!
"God does not COMMAND us to be clothed. He ALLOWS us to be clothed." R.C. Sproul
wannabnude
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 am

Wannabenude, I'd say your description we are non-normal in a positive way is true. Yes, we are different than most members of society which is why nudism is seen as odd and out of place by the majority. They're the ones who fail to recognize the benefits to health, socialization, etc, we derive from being "quirky".

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby MtnDewNudist » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Well, I've got a bachelors and the wife has her masters so I guess I need to get on the ball and get mine as well.
Nice to know most here are well educated.
MtnDewNudist
Native Resident

Next

Return to Please Introduce Yourself