Who Are We - Education

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How far have you gone through school?

Elementary
No votes
High School
11%
Tech School
9%
College - Associates
11%
College - Bachelors
35%
University - Masters
29%
University - Doctorate
3%

Total votes : 96

Re: Who Are We - Education

Postby pipermac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Formal education: I have an ASEET and my wife has a BSRN, with a minor in English Literature. Informal education: Our lists are almost endless.

Even though I got my AS in Electronics and worked in that field, my work-related electronics education came from working beside guys with many years of experience and Masters or PhD's. My overall wok career spanned a wide range of electrical and mechanical disciplines. My dad had told me to learn a trade. He said if I did, I would never go hungry, so I learned welding, and used it a lot.

My wife only worked for five yeas in nursing before going into the Radiological Equipment Inspection and Licensing bureau of the State of Kentucky. She retired as bureau manager.
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby King_David » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 am

I have a bachelor's degree in psychology. Presently I am enrolled in a seminary where I expect to earn a doctorate in theology. Every chance I get, I slip in a plug for Christian Naturism, though I have to be careful how I say it. I also graduated from the School of Hard Knocks; thought I had completed my education there, but the Lord has sent me back for remedial training.
:dizzy:

I love the seminary and all their professors. Not to knock my church, but the seminary is so good that a single class there is more enlightening and more spiritually uplifting than a whole year of church attendance; it is that good. The Lord has revealed himself to me there, in a way that He never has in church.

:bow:
King_David
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:53 am

WOW! I didn't know anyone could ever "graduate" from the School of Hard Knocks. Congratulations! I am still enrolled...and the knocks keep getting bigger. I have been dealing with health issues for several years, and now I have relationship issues to deal with on top of the rest.
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

I just notice that no one has graduated from elementary school. My self included.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:35 pm

But firefighter, we have three with doctorates. That's probably a good thing; if it was one fewer, we'd have a "paradox." :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby pipermac » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm

I finished Elementary School twice, once after 6th grade, and again after 7th grade, because I moved to a different school system between 6th and 7th grades. I then finished Junior High after 8th grade (different school system again).
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Quite a well-educated crew we have here! I am in constant continuing-education in the School of Hard Knocks. At one place I worked, they called me "Dr. Steve" because I was the company "medic". When they combined sharp metal, sharp knives, and workers in a hurry, that needed IQ transplants to get from cockroach to moron, there were a lot of injuries for me to bandage up. Never have been a real "doctor" though.

:dizzy:
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 am

firefighter wrote:I just notice that no one has graduated from elementary school. My self included.

I graduated from 8th grade - dear old Worthington Hooker, before revamping, went K - 8 and we had a real graduaton ceremony.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm

I went K-8th at School #20 in Indianapolis. I don't think we had a formal ceremony,at least I don't remember one. Oh almost forgot I had to walk to school in waist deep snow uphill both ways.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm

firefighter wrote:...Oh almost forgot I had to walk to school in waist deep snow uphill both ways.
In July, right? :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby skinnydip » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Even got to go skinny dipping a few times while I was working on my masters. :biggrin:
If I was born this way it can't be wrong.
God doesn't make junk.
skinnydip
Resident

Postby natman » Fri May 31, 2013 5:52 am

WOW!!! You have a Masters in Skinny Dipping'???

I'm jealous! :lol:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby satexsun » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Since I am only a semi-professional naturists, I do not have a Masters degree in skinny dipping, but I do have one in Education.

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby Goose423 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm

I am still working on my Bachelor's in Engineering.
Goose423
Resident

Postby natman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Goose423 wrote:I am still working on my Bachelor's in Engineering.

Civil, Electrical, Aeronautical...?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

PreviousNext

Return to Please Introduce Yourself