Who We Are - Household Income

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Household Income?

$25,000 or less (USD)
17%
$25,000 - $50,000 (USD)
19%
$50,000 - $75,000 (USD)
15%
$75,000 - $100,000 (USD)
10%
$100,000 or more (USD)
32%
None of your business
7%

Total votes : 72

Who We Are - Household Income

Postby natman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:41 pm

I thought it would be interesting for us to see where and how Christian Naturists live by introducing a series of polls.

I have set the polls up so that you can change your answer as conditions change.

They are also confidential so that no one knows how you specifically answered, but please be honest.

I realize that this particular question may be sensitive to some and no one is requiring you to answer. However, this whole series of polls is to show that Christian Naturists span the socio-economic spectrum.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Who We Are - Household Income

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:35 pm

My yearly income is WAY below the smallest amount given--slightly over half.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:My yearly income is WAY below the smallest amount given--slightly over half.

Then just pick option 1.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:44 pm

natman wrote:I have set the polls up so that you can change your answer as conditions change.
Well hopefully we will get to see people's income go up. :D

natman wrote:They are also confidential

But really how confidential can these really be. I find that when I view them again, that they remember how I voted. That means that the information is being stored somewhere. And Since I do not allow persistent cookies on my computer, then does not that mean that my answer is linked to my identity somewhere on the hosting server? How is that anonymity? Or if it stored somewhere on my computer other than in a cookie, where is it and how safe is it from a hack?

Furthermore, how does one go about updating how they voted. I experimented with entering a different answer on one of the questions and there appeared to be no way to do that.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Kim and i have three jobs and rental income. We are very very blessed. We aint rich by any means by American Standards. But by the standards of the rest of the world, we are doing very well. That is what mission trips have taught me.
Last edited by nuudman on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 am

nuudman wrote:Kim and i have three jobs and rental income. We are very very blessed. We aint rich by any means by American Standards. But by the standards of the rest o fthe world, we are doing very well. That is what mission trips have taught me.

That must be what spawned your post at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3958
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nuudman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:14 pm

natman wrote:
nuudman wrote:Kim and i have three jobs and rental income. We are very very blessed. We aint rich by any means by American Standards. But by the standards of the rest o fthe world, we are doing very well. That is what mission trips have taught me.

That must be what spawned your post at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3958

Absolutely, if we look at our situation from God's eyes, we here in the US are really blessed. Even the worst off of us in America is living a higher standard of living than almost 70% of the world. After reading about this in one of the Freakonomics books, i have been teaching my family and those at church that we can leave most of our materialism behind. We are now doing this in our series at my church as well.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 pm

natman wrote:
Jon-Marc wrote:My yearly income is WAY below the smallest amount given--slightly over half.

Then just pick option 1.

I only saw the amount and didn't see the words "or less".
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby roltyde » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Feel like I could be more accurate if there was a negative dollar amount. :D
roltyde
Resident

Postby floridabill » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Interesting...

I once read that the average nudist is:
- over 50
- White
- Christian
- Republican
- A high wage earner

At least some of this seems to be true...
FB
God wants you to have more than enough.... enjoy it nude!
floridabill
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 am

Just did my 2011 taxes Friday. My AGI (adjusted gross income) for 2011 was $3,026.00. Social Security and VA disability don't count on the AGI.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Household Income vs Wealth and Blessing

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Well if one is to correctly assess wealth, it is necessary to look at more than household income. It is more a matter of:
-- household income +
-- household outgo +
-- Needs for a satisfying lifestyle+
-- Abounding in those things that really matter

In Phillipians 4: the apostle Paul wrote: 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

We expended a significant portion of our retirment savings to secure a piece of land in a rural area with a suitable upgradable house that we could have paid for and mortgage free! While Title insurance is often touted as being a waste of money, we did get it because a survey was not available fast enough to beat the others who might bid on this place, and then we were blessed when an error in the title was discovered and the size of our property doubled to twice what the realtor thought he was selling us, with enough money left over to pay for a new 1/4 mile fence and money left over. :D :D :D Taxes are fairly low here on the Ozark Plateau of Missouri, and local contractors are amazingly reasonable and well skilled. So what had to be fixed on the house faster than i could get to it did not hit us all that hard. The climate is mild and the gardening season is long, and my pond is privately stocked with bass so there is no season or limits. and the turkey and deer are plentiful.

Social security which was originally planned to be a minimal income, and has since been raised, over the years to be more than that, provides the bulk of our cash flow. Full medical retirement coverage from my last employer for me and "group rate buy in" for my wife and Medicare combined with no serious health problems has provided protection on that front, Our one retirement asset that is an annuity, we are taking the fastest payout the government allows (9 years) and reinvesting it elsewhere because annuities are denominated in dollars which I am confident will be inflated to near worthlessness fairly soon. Oh, and did I mention that my wife turns out to have excellent accountancy skills and keeps on top of all budgetary issues. :D :D :D

So all in all, while we may have a fairly low profile in terms of taxable income, we have a relatively secure and comfortable lifestyle. The one pain in the butt is that the government requires that the annuity payout be subject to 20% withholding, and then because of our low tax profile they give all that back the next year. So the reinvesting of that 20% it is delayed a year.

While income is important and an easy number to assess, the real thing to evaluate is wealth and blessing. :D
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby pickypilot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 am

Looking at the statistics, I'm not surprised at the number of people over the 100K mark. As responsible Christians, it is our duty to be good stewards of our Lords money. Many households must have two or even three incomes to survive in the world today. As someone else said, raw income does not really shed light on the financial condition of a household. As my (Italian) father-in-law used to say "It'sa not how mucha you make, It'sa how mucha you spend." My wife and I are two of those evil 1% who have worked hard all our lives and are now, according to biblical teaching, reaping what we've sown.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
pickypilot
Resident

Postby natman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Picky,

I agree. I have known a lot of really, really poor "rich people" who make a WHOLE lot of money, but spend far more than the make.

pickypilot wrote:My wife and I are two of those evil 1% who have worked hard all our lives and are now, according to biblical teaching, reaping what we've sown.

I hope you mean that in a positive way. A lot of people work really "hard" to get all the things they "want" rather than what God would have them to have, focusing on stuff rather than on family, friends and others. In the end, they ALSO reap what they have sown, which is usually lonliness and discontent.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby forsaken » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:21 am

Times are tough...still figuring out my income
forsaken
Resident

Next

Return to Please Introduce Yourself