Who We Are - Household Income

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Household Income?

$25,000 or less (USD)
17%
$25,000 - $50,000 (USD)
19%
$50,000 - $75,000 (USD)
15%
$75,000 - $100,000 (USD)
10%
$100,000 or more (USD)
32%
None of your business
7%

Total votes : 72

Re: Who We Are - Household Income

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 am

My wife and I currently rank north of $75K per year. However, if/when she decides to reire, perhaps later this year, we'll probably drop into the $50Ks.

Him
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby MtnDewNudist » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:13 pm

floridabill wrote:Interesting...

I once read that the average nudist is:
- over 50
- White
- Christian
- Republican
- A high wage earner

Hmmm, so does naturism add confidence which lead to the rest or does the confidence and success lead to naturism? Sounds like we could have an "chicken or the egg" argument here.
MtnDewNudist
Native Resident

Postby floridabill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 am

MtnDewNudist wrote:
Hmmm, so does naturism add confidence which lead to the rest or does the confidence and success lead to naturism? Sounds like we could have an "chicken or the egg" argument here.

I think its actually an age issue....

- Most folks become higher wage earners after 50. Most people earn more later in life than they did early on.
- Most folks are white.
- Most folks in the USA identify themselves as Christian.
- Many folks start their college life as Democrats, then switch to Republican as they have families

After 50 you begin to care less about what others think (so you try the the things you always wanted to try), and can afford to pay the fees to join AANR and go to resorts.
At least thats how my life has progressed

FB
God wants you to have more than enough.... enjoy it nude!
floridabill
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 am

I agree, Floridabill. I think it's a matter of demographics, meaning as we age we have more disposable income and care less about what others think about what others think of our appearance.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby floridabill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:44 am

Not just our appearance - but what we do, and who knows it - as well.
floridabill
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am

Hmmmmm, Maybe this poll is skewed and does not reveal what we think it does. If everyone responding happened to still be in the workforce this poll might be indicating the wealth of the respondants. However, given the large number of retired among us, net worth might be a better measure the wealth of the retired.

For instance if two respondants both show an annual income of $75,000 but one is in the workforce and paying for their sustenance, mortgage, transportation and other necessities consumes $70,000 of that and leaves them with $5,000 of discretionary income, they are nowhere near as well off as the other who has house and land paid for, a retirement benefit providing 100% of medical expense, a new car, low taxes, low heating & cooling costs, etc., and has $30,000 left over as discretionary income.

A retiree who owns their home free and clear, if they live where the taxes are low where the climate is moderate, (e.g. Missouri as in my case), their retirement income might not look like all that much but still be more than adequate given their situation. If their discretionary income is pretty good. If their net worth stacks up pretty well against others that have more annual income they may be pretty wealthy because their annual outgo isn't all that much.

I know one lucky individual who owns all their stuff free and clear, has a good retirement package, has a substantial reserve in investments, Was forced to take early retirement, lives on less than their social security check and banks the excess every month. Soon they will reach the age where the government requires that they have to start taking distributions from their other retirement plan and is not sure what she will do with all that money. ........ I would like to do that ! Her annual income might not show up as all that much but she is probably better off than a lot of the poll respondents with high annual incomes.

(Oh, by the way she is married and her hubby is in the same situation except he is a little younger, so if you are looking for a wealthy widow, you are going to have to wait and the line may be long. :P )

How would one accurately assess financial wealth among us since there are pretty obviously totally different financial situations between
-- the retired and
-- those still in the workforce and
-- those who would be in the workforce if they could just find a job.

Does one measure
-- annual income?
-- net worth?
-- discretionary income?
-- other?
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby floridabill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 pm

and what s net worth?
The value after I sell everything - assuming someone would buy it?
The cash in the bank?
The stocks that go up and down?

ahhh - pondering the ages.....

I think it would be safe o say that the poll measures an average nudist...

Average person earns income.
Average person is over 50
Average person is white
Average person is Christian
And average nudist that takes this poll also earns over 100k - not bad for those "free spirited" nudist weirdoes....

:-)
floridabill
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Well there is income and there is earned income. The difference is in fact verysensitive in the current political environment. A person can have considerable income even though they are earning none of it. There are also those who may have no earned income and even possibly no income whatsoever who are really very wealthy in terms of disposable cash or discretionary spending. Likewise there can be those with substantial household income who may be nearly impoverished by debt. Since naturism has a very strong component of recreation in its makeup, perhaps household income does not represent the most informative measure of who we are.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby floridabill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Maybe its not so much "who we are", but rather just a poll to see what the "Household Income" is for the visitor to this site - which could be from anywhere in the world.

For what its worth - I see no difference between earned income, and income.
Regardless of how it comes into the household - someone did actually do something to generate that cash flow.

But - this is not a political site, and I really don't want to digress.
I just hope that some day my risk taking, hard work and investments pay off and all my needs are met - and then some - and all I have to do is spend it :-)

FB
floridabill
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm

The intent of the poll is to show that naturists come from all economic backgrounds, not just the extremes.

When it comes to "earned" income, I have some issues with the government taxing certain forms of "capital gains".

For example, I do not feel that the purchase of a piece of real estate property and a market value and the the later sale of the property at market value consititues a "gain". The revenues received in the sale could only purchase another piece of property of like value.

However, if a piece of land is purchased for x dollars and then buildings are added for y dollars and the resultant sale price is greater than the current market value for the land and the buildings separately, then there IS a gain (income).
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 pm

natman wrote: .... When it comes to "earned" income, I have some issues with the government taxing certain forms of "capital gains".

For example, I do not feel that the purchase of a piece of real estate property and a market value and the the later sale of the property at market value consititues a "gain". The revenues received in the sale could only purchase another piece of property of like value.
Insert 7 fold amen here. We are singing from the same hymnal on that one. However since the governent has stopped taxing that for several years I am afraid of what is going to happen when they reinstate such a tax. Most people will not have kept records of what they spent to upgrade the property or be able to separate maintenance from upgrade. As a result any increase in value due to upgrades will be lost. I certainly hope that people will keep receipts on their upgrades, assuming that they do any. My wife is a marvelous book keeper and can document every penny we spent on the place since 2007 when we bought it. One thing that may help those who have not kept records when the governments goes after those capital gains may be the lumber yards and big box stores that have kept records of purchases in their computer files.

However the real rip off is inflation. The government levies taxes based on the dollars in the sale price, but if the dollars have been inflated, the price of your land could be twice as many many dollars even though there has been no increase in value, but they levy taxes based on the number of dollars. Our govenment does not have an "honest shekel"
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 pm

I find it unchristian to judge people by their income, "In Christ there is neither slave nor free."
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:However since the governent has stopped taxing that for several years I am afraid of what is going to happen when they reinstate such a tax.[\quote]

When last I looked, they had not "STOPPED" taxing capital gains, but merely raised the level at which they had to be declared. I know that they still treat short and long term capital gains from stock investment differently.

Bare_Truth wrote:However the real rip off is inflation. The government levies taxes based on the dollars in the sale price, but if the dollars have been inflated, the price of your land could be twice as many many dollars even though there has been no increase in value, but they levy taxes based on the number of dollars. Our govenment does not have an "honest shekel"

That is the second half of my argument above. Paying capital gains on the sale of property that was purchased at market value and sold at market value due to inflation is essentially paying a tax on the governments inability to regulate it's money supply properly. In my opinion, that is THEFT.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby balaam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm

floridabill wrote:Interesting...

I once read that the average nudist is:
- over 50
- White
- Christian
- Republican
- A high wage earner

At least some of this seems to be true...
FB
I tke it this is an American demographic. Given that most naturists and nudists are not from the USA, I find it hard to believe they would be Republican. In fact the opposite is often true. In Europe naturism was repressed by governments well to the right under Franco and Hitler in Spain and Germany/Austria. These countries now have far more relaxed laws about nudity than the USA, but the politics of naturists in these countries tends towards the political left.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:09 am

Additional note to say that the above post was meant to illustrate that there isn't a political leaning for naturists/nudists.

A love of being without clothes would seem to be the only common factor.
balaam
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Please Introduce Yourself