Who We Are - Religious Background

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

What is your religious background?

Roman Catholic/Orthodox Catholic
8%
Methodist
8%
Lutheran
3%
Presbyterian
4%
Episcopal/Church of England
3%
Baptist
25%
Pentecostal
9%
Non-denominational Christian/Other
34%
Latter Day Saints
1%
Non-Christian
3%

Total votes : 118

Who We Are - Religious Background

Postby natman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I thought it would be interesting for us to see where and how Christian Naturists live by introducing a series of polls.

I have set the polls up so that you can change your answer as conditions change.

They are also confidential so that no one knows how you specifically answered, but please be honest.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Who We Are - Religious Background

Postby jjsledge » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:40 am

I actually have multiple responses to this poll, Baptist, Pentecostal, and nondenominational. At least 10+ years in each.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 am

You forgot to list Methodist in your poll.
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Postby Walking Bare » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 am

Marked ND Christian presently serving at a Methodist Church
Enjoy Today,
WB
Walking Bare
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:33 am

Non-Denom, but essentially Contemporary Christian baptist.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby JWD » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 am

Yep, non-deno all my christian life. That is how it went in my walk with Christ.
Nudist- One who suffers from clothestrophobia.
(Left-Handed Dictionary)
JWD
Native Resident

Postby satexsun » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Count me as a Methodist

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby KalosSoma » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Not represented in the list, but we're in a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) congregation: http://www.disciples.org
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Postby DonnaV » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 am

Raised Roman Catholic, converted to Lutheran, and attended a Presbyterian Church for some tine before my last move. Still am a Lutheran in heart.
DonnaV
New Comer

Postby nuudman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am

KalosSoma wrote:Not represented in the list, but we're in a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) congregation: http://www.disciples.org

i was saved in a pretty conservative independent missionary baptist church. Meeting my wife, i moved over to her church, a Disciples of Christ Church where i served as Youth Director, Deacon, and even Deacon Chair. For the most part found the Disciples of Christ a wonderful bunch of folks, especially the black churches i served with. Our local church has just aged to the point where we did not fit at all. When it comes to serving, they will put money toward something but wont get up off the pew to do a thing. The joke at the old church was "Dont let David get involved, he expects you to show up."

After 39 years my wife and kids left that church, while in the last month of my Deacon Chairmanship. We started attending a far younger and far more engaged in the community church here in town that is non-denom but is essentially baptist in doctrine. Think of it as an ind. baptist without the legalism. We go after the tattooed, pierced, recovering drugees, socially rebuffed folks. We end up with a mix of kind of nutty kids and their parents that are so happy they are back in church that they are tears for weeks.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 am

nuudman wrote:We started attending a far younger and far more engaged in the community church here in town that is non-denom but is essentially baptist in doctrine. Think of it as an ind. baptist without the legalism.

I do not know where people automatically assume that "Baptists" are "legalistic". There is nothing in any of the Baptist conventions that would point to that conclusion. However, there are a FEW Baptist congregations that attempt to enforce legalism upon their members. But then, that appears to be true for nearly every other denomination as well.

I do find it interesting that the majority of people who have answered the poll associate themselves with Baptists. I am pretty sure that this will follow fairly closely to the same mix of denominations found in general society.

I would also like to see how this pans out against the overall naturist/nudist community, which no doubt would contain numbers of pagans, agnostics and atheists as well as Buddhists, Hindus and new agers.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:02 am

To help your study, Natman, I reported myself as non-Christian and consider myself agnostic, married to a non-nudist Buddhist.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm

natman wrote:I do not know where people automatically assume that "Baptists" are "legalistic". There is nothing in any of the Baptist conventions that would point to that conclusion. However, there are a FEW Baptist congregations that attempt to enforce legalism upon their members. But then, that appears to be true for nearly every other denomination as well.

There may be more than a "few" legalists among them. The SBC for one has been taken over by them at times. A lot of biblical but non-legalistic Baptists feel that they no longer have a home with the Southern Baptist Convention.
I visited an American Baptist affiliated congregation in other years and was pleasantly surprised with the more grace-focused attitude.

natman wrote:I do find it interesting that the majority of people who have answered the poll associate themselves with Baptists. I am pretty sure that this will follow fairly closely to the same mix of denominations found in general society.

I saw a lot of Methodists were forced to manually post their affiliation because the survey forget them.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 pm

natman wrote:.......I do find it interesting that the majority of people who have answered the poll associate themselves with Baptists. .....

Dictionary.com wrote:ma·jor·i·ty
  noun, plural -ties.
1. the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total

plu·ral·i·ty
noun, plural -ties.
1.the excess of votes received by the leading candidate, in an election in which there are three or more candidates, over those received by the next candidate

So as it currently stands with
-- Baptists have 8 votes, - 35%
-- Non-Denominational have 5 votes, - 22%
-- Total Votes 23
The Baptist vote has a plurality of 3 or 13% But not a "Majority"

Uhhhh, I hope that is not too "Legalistic" for anyone here :wink: :wink: :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Ahem, Methodist tally please? :areyouthere?:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Please Introduce Yourself