Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed May 31, 2017 8:50 am

Some reflections on Ron's suggestion
It might be as easy to simply buy an existing station, preferably in a location where there is a large audience and then start bringing in the new programming model. Preferably this wold be done in an area where there is a significant naturist friendly listenership. But one of the things that would be a delicate issue is :argh: "community standards" :argh:. It is my understanding that in licensing considerations that the FCC listens to protests about community standards. (Too bad we can't get them to listen to our complaints about the promotion of prudery and the suppression of naturism.) Of course if various naturist venues such as one of the resorts in a naturist dense area such as might be found in Florida or other such area should start up a station, community support might be achieved.

But while we are brainstorming this approach to promoting acceptance of naturism let me run another idea up the flagpole to see if we can find ways that might make something like the following work.
Taking the same idea of normalizing naturism via advertising and putting it before the public, then perhaps outdoor advertising might be a similar approach which is more doable. Starting in a high population area or possibly an urban area in a region where naturism happens to be more accepted, consider an advertising campaign using billboards along a major traffic artery advertising one or more naturist resorts in the region. Imagine if you will a billboard advertising
-- No more clingy wet suit!
-- No more tan lines!
-- No more body shaming!
-- Family Naturism Resort. - Call for Free First Visit and tour !!!
-- 888 - 123 - 4567
The art work would need to show a family of naturists enjoying wholesome family fun, no "frontal nudity of a controversial sort", swimming and volleyball et al. and do it tastefully.
One hitch that would be necessary to deal with is the need to tailor the add to avoid attracting the wrong element and get across the message that no debauchery would be tolerated. Having a picture of the chapel at the resort in the background would help as would advertising a resort with the word "Christian" in its name, or "Family Values" or any other such terminology. Likewise the phone should be answered with an automated message that clearly states that Libertines and voyeurs will be summarily ejected.

The kernel of the idea that MoNatureMan has put forward is to approach the problem from a public awareness campaign. The billboard approach should be subject to less regulation and more freedom of the press protection than the "highly FCC regulated" broadcast arena. So long as a naturist resort is a legitimate business it should be allowed to advertise and gain presentation of its goods and services to the public. By starting in a region where the practice of naturism is common and working out from there, then less resistance should be met. The trickiest part in todays environment would be dodging misapplication of "adult business advertising" laws and successfully discouraging and repelling seamier elements that would drive away the core target population. Possibly including the words "Not an adult business" across the bottom of the billboard would make a suitably clear statement. Maybe even "NOT AN ADULT(erous) BUSINESS" :wink:

I think the core idea has Merit, and is worth receiving suggestions for how it might be carried forward.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed May 31, 2017 10:44 am

Years ago I saw and read about a family 'Traveling across Canada in the nude'. Their motor home had a picture of nude family recreation on the side. Very well painted. I believe they were visiting resorts all over Canada.

A low power radio station is relatively easy licensing and low cost. The main issue there would be enough programming to keep it going. A station like that often runs sunrise to sunset. For this to happen, it would be best to be under a larger organization, with advertising from more local naturist location. With the programming setup, could actually run it on multiple low power stations all over the US and Canada (assuming Canada has same type stations). Programming could include:
Christianity and nudism
Christianity
Family values and naturism
History and the naked body
Dealing with issues of nudity
Social values and nudity
Keeping our children safe
Talk show with well screened and delayed call ins.
Trip reports from nudist locations
And...

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:39 pm

I just found this 'Tribute' / 'Documentary' on nudism. It may be worth viewing with some family and friends to get their reaction.
https://vimeo.com/191861291

Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:18 pm

There are a bunch of other nudist films made that may be good to share with family and friends.
Educating Julie (1984) is an excellent one.
Diary of a nudist (1961) is another.
This vintage of nudist films is not attack the nudist or non-nudist view. They just tell a story of which nudism plays a very important (positive) part.

In Him
Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Been doing some research and have found that colleges with art classes are looking periotically for nude models. Sadly none in my area, but those near Springfield and KC in Missouri may have an opertunity.
Besides getting paid to just be there in the raw, you may get a chance to share with students about Christian Nudism or just casual (non-sexual) nudism.
If there are art schools in your area, that might be another opertunity
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism