Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Ramblinman » Tue May 24, 2016 11:14 am

jochanaan wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:We have to be on our A-game socially. People tend to listen worse in a group...you really want to keep conversations like that private....
I have good social skills, and when I've brought it up it has indeed been in private. Some family and leaders still won't listen, and in fact will say things to me they'd not dare say in public.

I realize that some loved ones are extremely stubborn about this.
I have had frank discussions with friends and got mixed reactions.
The responses ran the gamut from "This nudist thing is perverted!", or "It's not wrong, but I don't want anyone to see me naked" to "What an awesome thing! Let's go!"
To my reckoning, the handful of people who take the leap to naturism and find happiness makes the effort worthwhile.
I don't spend much time with the extreme knuckleheads, but am more than willing to discuss the frequently asked questions with open-minded friends.
We sometimes make the mistake of taking an apparent lack of response as an eternal no.
God may use other voices to reach them in the weeks, months or even years ahead when I have made my case and apparently not gotten anywhere.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby webmeister » Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
jochanaan wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:We have to be on our A-game socially. People tend to listen worse in a group...you really want to keep conversations like that private....
I have good social skills, and when I've brought it up it has indeed been in private. Some family and leaders still won't listen, and in fact will say things to me they'd not dare say in public.

I realize that some loved ones are extremely stubborn about this.
I have had frank discussions with friends and got mixed reactions.
The responses ran the gamut from "This nudist thing is perverted!", or "It's not wrong, but I don't want anyone to see me naked" to "What an awesome thing! Let's go!"
To my reckoning, the handful of people who take the leap to naturism and find happiness makes the effort worthwhile.
I don't spend much time with the extreme knuckleheads, but am more than willing to discuss the frequently asked questions with open-minded friends.
We sometimes make the mistake of taking an apparent lack of response as an eternal no.
God may use other voices to reach them in the weeks, months or even years ahead when I have made my case and apparently not gotten anywhere.

More good words, thank you Ramblinman :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
User avatar
webmeister
Native Resident
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed May 25, 2016 1:49 am

Here is another great or crazy idea.
For those of us that are independent contractors, have a discounted rate for clothing optional, or naked service.
Say for example rate is $100 an hour.
Clothing optional (contractor and at least one member of family or business also naked or partly) is $80
For naked service where all are naked $70
Of course would have to be made clear, it is common social, non-sexual nudity, and no touching or photos.
Might also be good to have a form initialed by contractor and people needing service. On the form it might be good to state there is no form of payment of any kind for nudity, and the discount is to help in advancement the non-sexual nudity Lifestyle.
This could include electrical wiring, plumbing, painting, even work outside in secure area.
This could be slow to get started, but as word got around, you might have to hire another nudist.

Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed May 25, 2016 9:26 am

Ron,
Does that go in the fine print in gray ink on the back side of the contract like they do on the back of car rental contracts ???
Also:
You might want the wording to make clear just who it is that will be nude. Some customers might think it includes them, or was that what you meant by:
MoNatureMan wrote:For naked service where all are naked $70

I do not know how well your suggestion would work with clients but I have to give you an A+ for thinking outside the box ! :biggrin:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
User avatar
Bare_Truth
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Ozark Plateau, Southwest Missouri

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed May 25, 2016 10:03 am

Yes, the $70 included everyone in residence or business.
You could have a rate were you are the only one nude. I just did not put that on sample list.
This is just an idea that could be very versital.
I took one nude service call, on home computer. We were all nude. The couple are sort of semi closet nudists. Their children were at school and didn't (at least at that time) know. They didn't want the word out, because of criticism the children would hear at school or church. They are catholic couple and school and church are same. I talked to them a bit and recommended a more of an open door policy when they we're dressing. As a result of being a semi-closet nudist couple, they did not spread the word to there friends and neighbors.

In Him :cross:
Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Petros » Wed May 25, 2016 11:45 am

An intriguing idea. But in some towns you might get moor and sooner attention than you bothered for.

Even if noone wanted to forbid it, someone would want to regulate it.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
User avatar
Petros
Native Resident
 
Posts: 5583
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby jochanaan » Wed May 25, 2016 11:47 am

There is a contractor here in Colorado who is very open about his naturism online and talks about doing construction in the nude, usually when clients aren't on site. I may suggest this to him. (He's not a Christian or I'd invite him here.)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
User avatar
jochanaan
Councillor
 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Ramblinman » Wed May 25, 2016 2:24 pm

jochanaan wrote:There is a contractor here in Colorado who is very open about his naturism online and talks about doing construction in the nude, usually when clients aren't on site. I may suggest this to him. (He's not a Christian or I'd invite him here.)
Apparently someone has started such a business in South Africa: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/a ... 03531495/1
In 2012 Jean-Paul Reid started a business offering nude workers providing services ranging from computer repair to pool cleaning.
Soliciting of staff for sexual services is banned, as is the unblocking of toilets and drains.
“I make it very clear — no sex whatsoever,” Reid said.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed May 25, 2016 3:51 pm

I wonder if Arkansas would allow that? Clearly non-sexual nudity.

It sounds like the S.A. company is doing a lot of work, just doing service in the nude. Not sure how their contract reads, but in the U.S. better make sure a lot of things are in writing with initials from client and contractor.

Will be doing some naked computer service for a couple tomorrow, but no pay. Elderly nudist couple without a lot of money, so my services will be paid with cup of coffee and fellowship.

Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby jjsledge » Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 am

Will be working on a nudist couple's house this week-end. Pressure washing and sealing fence and other projects. Room and board while I am there. They are admins for the North Texas Christian Naturists group. We met at their house last Saturday.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
User avatar
jjsledge
Native Resident
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: Rockwall, Texas

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby DaveT » Thu May 26, 2016 9:35 pm

A few years ago I read about a young man doing nude home maintenance in CA, charging a good bit more than the going rate, and getting plenty of work. But his customers were not naturist educated and were hiring him to get a thrill out of watching him work naked. That I wouldn't be comfortable with. I think I'd only be OK with it if the people I was working for were naturists and so not inclined to get a sex thrill out of it.
User avatar
DaveT
Native Resident
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm
Location: TN

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu May 26, 2016 10:19 pm

That could be a real fine line.
We want to get the word out about Naturistism, but at the same time want to make sure we are not hired as a sex object. Could put a clause in the 'contract' stating, ''services are provided in the nude to promote non-sexual social nudism, however if anyone feels uncomfortable, clothes will be worn'.

Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu May 26, 2016 10:28 pm

DaveT wrote:.... But his customers were not naturist educated and were hiring him to get a thrill out of watching him work naked. That I wouldn't be comfortable with. .....
So If you are saying is that they were using him as a Lust Object, I definitely see that would be a problem. If however they did it for the novelty of it, then after a few days it might become old hat and they might start to see the non sexual side of it. But it being California, I suspect the former motivation was a prurient one and the primary especially considering the large infestation there of those likely to be so inclined.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
User avatar
Bare_Truth
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Ozark Plateau, Southwest Missouri

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Ramblinman » Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 am

Bare_Truth wrote:
DaveT wrote:.... But his customers were not naturist educated and were hiring him to get a thrill out of watching him work naked. That I wouldn't be comfortable with. .....
So If you are saying is that they were using him as a Lust Object, I definitely see that would be a problem. If however they did it for the novelty of it, then after a few days it might become old hat and they might start to see the non sexual side of it. But it being California, I suspect the former motivation was a prurient one and the primary especially considering the large infestation there of those likely to be so inclined.


If I ran such a company, I would do whatever it takes to protect the safety and dignity of my nude workers.
Thus, the service should be offered by naturists to other naturists.

Some jobs would not even be performed nude. I would hire a fellow naturist with the idea of supporting our community financially and socially.
It's not necessarily about seeing their bodies.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:09 am

I heard of a catering service, I believe in England that served clients nude. They apparently had a lot of business.

I have made contact with a photography class. Will see where that goes.

I have heard of someone teaching a college class on 'All about being a Naturist'. I believe that is in the KC, Missouri area.

Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Central Florida

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest