Working out of town in TX

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Working out of town in TX

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:46 pm

I'm on a job in Granbury TX. Can you all in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area recommend good family resorts in the area?
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Re: Working out of town in TX

Postby jjsledge » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:15 am

Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:34 am

Thanks Jerry
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:45 pm

jjsledge wrote:I prefer Bluebonnet, but have done 5ks at the other 2.

http://www.bluebonnetnudistpark.com/about/

http://www.wildwoodnaturist.com/

http://www.thearmadilloresort.com/

Jerry Sledge

Jerry, I haven't visited any of them yet, but if you were to rank them, what would the order be? And aren't Bluebonnet and Wildwood within a few minutes of each other?

nakedpreacher wrote:I'm on a job in Granbury TX. Can you all in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area recommend good family resorts in the area?

Never been to Granbury, but I hope you enjoy the time in our awesome state!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks Maverick, I am, actually, enjoying it very much. We went through Texas when I was young, but I did not remember what a beautiful state it is. BTW what's with all the crickets. I should be here for at least another month. Looking forward to winter without a lot of snow.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:31 am

Maverick

I prefer Bluebonnet, second would be Wildwood then Armadillo. Bluebonnet is where my late wife and I had a membership for a year. Wildwood is where I have attended most of their 5ks since 2006, did the first skinnydip record attempt and a wedding. Only been to Armadillo twice, that I remember, both for 5ks.

Bluebonnet and Wildwood are about 3 miles apart on back roads, a little further on highway. Check their websites for discount on first visit, assuming they still have them. May also have student discounts.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:04 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:BTW what's with all the crickets. I should be here for at least another month. Looking forward to winter without a lot of snow.

Hmm. Where I live (Tarrant County), we don't have too many crickets--but I guess they're more abundant in less urban parts of the state. I was down near Glen Rose back in August and heard more crickets in one evening than I'd heard all summer.

We have a saying about Texas weather... if you don't like it, stick around because it'll change before you know it! In other words, it's weird! The last time my area got snow was March 2015--and that was after a winter without any snow!

jjsledge wrote:Bluebonnet and Wildwood are about 3 miles apart on back roads, a little further on highway. Check their websites for discount on first visit, assuming they still have them. May also have student discounts.

Thanks Jerry, I definitely will. Growing up, I've been up and down US 287 more times than I can remember when going to visit my grandparents who lived in Wichita Falls. I never would've guessed there would be two naturist resorts along the way!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:15 pm

BTW what's with all the crickets.

I remember visiting Austin a few years back and actually had crickets crawling on me during the night in my motel. :argh: I always wanted to use that smiley/emoji!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Maverick wrote:...We have a saying about Texas weather... if you don't like it, stick around because it'll change before you know it!
That's very like what we say in Colorado: "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:11 pm

naturaldon wrote:
BTW what's with all the crickets.

I remember visiting Austin a few years back and actually had crickets crawling on me during the night in my motel. :argh: I always wanted to use that smiley/emoji!

Not to over argh you - but - are you sure those were crickets?

In my long ago year in Austin, I do not recall encountering crickets. But I had the fun of going out to the street light after dark and stomping roaches. Numerous roaches,
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Last time I was in Austin/Round Rock area the cicadas were deafening!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 pm

They look like crickets. They are definitely not roaches unless they are of a kind I have never seen before. In SC we have roaches and palmetto bugs and I finally figured out how to tell the difference, palmetto bugs are in ones own house, roaches are in other peoples house.
We also have Cicadas and they can be quite loud.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:19 am

We also have Cicadas and they can be quite loud.

I remember driving through Oklahoma and Arkansas with the windows down, the noise was pervasive and constant. Everywhere! Never saw one intact but the windshield had a nice collection of parts. Amazingly, none every flew inside the car.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:22 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:In SC we have roaches and palmetto bugs and I finally figured out how to tell the difference, palmetto bugs are in ones own house, roaches are in other peoples house.

That's what the other people want you to think! :biggrin:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism