my mothers health and brothers position

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

my mothers health and brothers position

Postby DaveT » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:29 pm

The subject finally came up kind of by accident 2 days ago. My mother has had mental issues for some years. In her right mind she knew how to eat healthy and raised us that way. But in her altered mind she eats unhealthy and we couldn't do much about it. (It would take practically forcing a better diet on her with her protesting, but she asks dad for things and he willingly buys them) So it finally caught up to her. We found her collapsed and mostly unresponsive. Since emergency services are some distance away we decided it'd be just as fast if we put her in the car and take her to an ER. But because she was really messed up (fallen and spilled the chamber pot on herself, bedside commode thing) we decided to give her a bath first and change her clothes. She was awake just enough to protest a little but not talking. (except when I pushed a little too hard once and she said "ouch") So I just went ahead and did it, my brother helped. A few pans of warm water later we had her good to go. Got her in and they run all the tests and found her blood sugar had gone crazy. All that fat she's been eating has finally caused diabetes, it crept up without us knowing it. So they have her stable and she's talking again, but looks like she will have to stay at a nursing home since with such a problem combined with her mental issue she will need a completely controlled environment. Impossible at home.

But the occasion brought up the issue of nudity and my brother finally told me how he feels about it. Along with myself telling him what I've come to understand on it. He said he's never thought of nudity as a lust or sex thing, he just doesn't like it, prefers to not see it, would rather look the other way. And so, even though he is the usual care giver for her, he was very hesitant to just dive in and take her clothes off even though it was obviously the right thing to do at the moment. He was glad I didn't hesitate to do it. Actually I did hesitate a bit internally, but realizing it was the right thing to do and had to be done right now quickly and get her some help, I told myself to forget that hesitant feeling and just do it.

Now she's pretty conservative about being seen, I actually haven't seen her naked but maybe 3 times for an instant by accident in my whole life. But in washing her I get to her breasts and think, that's where I drank some 50 years ago. Then get to her vagina and think, that's where I came from 51 years and 1 day ago. (since this was happening a day past the 51st anniversary of my appearance to the light of day in that little clinic on the southern edge of Michigan.)
She is 80 years of age and my dad is 89. the past couple generations of our family have been longer than average. They tend to marry late. So my grandparents on both sides were born right around the vicinity of 1900. And here we go, (my brother and I) making it even longer. We're still not married. Oh well. Maybe someday I always say, but it will only happen when I feel like I'm ready to house a wife and then I'll ask God to send me the one He chooses, and make it real obvious He's the one making the connection.
DaveT
Native Resident

Re: my mothers health and brothers position

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Things change when you become the caregiver for aging parents. My father had his parents living with him for their last few years. Much bathing of them, dealing with incontinence, and other such things.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:02 am

Your brother's stance sounds very like Herself's aversion to nudity. But in an emergency it can be controlled - she was the one who freed Number One Son when - as we were driving off to swim - his foreskin was painfully trapped in the mesh lining of his swimsuit. Amazing what we can do when we have too. We will hope your mother stays stable.

As for marriage - I know all too well how perfectly God can choose time and place and how dumb we are when we try to jump the gun.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 am

Dave, I'm sorry for your mother's poor state of health but feel confident she's now where she needs to be to receive the necessary care. As far as your initial reluctance to bare her nakedness, I believe it's a normal reaction for most of us unless raised in a nudist household in which the children grew up accustomed to seeing their parents naked on a daily or regular basis. Your actions are admirable.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:44 am

My brother and I are drastically different in many ways. Although we do have a few things in common. Love of agriculture and a desire to serve the Lord mainly. Our talents are very different. I am mechanical, mental picture oriented, more physical it seems. He loves botany, does the financial and record keeping, which I find a bit hard to pay attention to. It may be my physical nature that makes me enjoy naked life. But then he sunburns much easier than I do, so perhaps he doesn't need quite as much sun exposure to get the same benefit. We always get along in harmony, I do what he finds hard and he does what I can't get to very well. Once in awhile we work on something together.

For a long time I've suspected I inherited some American Indian genes from way back somewhere, I just came across an identifying characteristic of Cherokee which supposedly is common in hunter/gatherer genetics. Large front teeth. I have em, and he doesn't. Just another minor hint of it perhaps. If there is I suppose it would most likely be from the NE tribes, since as best I can tell my ancestry comes through multiple lines from the 1600's in the PA/NY region west to Indiana. 12 generations back on my dad's side to the family who came over in the mid 1600's. And my grandmother on my mothers side said she had an ancestor who came over on the Mayflower. Both in Indiana from the mid 1800's on. Just little things I find slightly interesting. Perhaps there's a little native in me that wants to live like the earlier natives, and some love of the wilderness. I always thought that love came from growing up in the country and enjoying hiking in the mountains, but lots of people do that and don't gain the deep love and feeling of being at home in the woods.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:40 am

DaveT wrote:My brother and I are drastically different in many ways. Although we do have a few things in common. Love of agriculture and a desire to serve the Lord mainly. Our talents are very different. I am mechanical, mental picture oriented, more physical it seems. He loves botany, does the financial and record keeping, which I find a bit hard to pay attention to. It may be my physical nature that makes me enjoy naked life. But then he sunburns much easier than I do, so perhaps he doesn't need quite as much sun exposure to get the same benefit. We always get along in harmony, I do what he finds hard and he does what I can't get to very well. Once in awhile we work on something together.

For a long time I've suspected I inherited some American Indian genes from way back somewhere, I just came across an identifying characteristic of Cherokee which supposedly is common in hunter/gatherer genetics. Large front teeth. I have em, and he doesn't. Just another minor hint of it perhaps. If there is I suppose it would most likely be from the NE tribes, since as best I can tell my ancestry comes through multiple lines from the 1600's in the PA/NY region west to Indiana. 12 generations back on my dad's side to the family who came over in the mid 1600's. And my grandmother on my mothers side said she had an ancestor who came over on the Mayflower. Both in Indiana from the mid 1800's on. Just little things I find slightly interesting. Perhaps there's a little native in me that wants to live like the earlier natives, and some love of the wilderness. I always thought that love came from growing up in the country and enjoying hiking in the mountains, but lots of people do that and don't gain the deep love and feeling of being at home in the woods.

Dave, I think that there may be a nude gene but best I can figure, it is found in all ethnic groups. And I got a good dose of it!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:01 pm

nude gene! That has to go all the way back to Adam. Perhaps some recurring deep desire to just be nude that is hard to identify but shows up now and then in heavier dose in occasional people. Might have something to do with the desire. I know a love of horses can show up anywhere. Even rarely in a city kid that has no connection with horses. I've wondered if there was some genetic connection with that. I know I inherited mechanical technical talents and interest from my mother, through her mother, back to her father and his family in the 1800's when they were both farmers and machinery inventors.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:02 am

The question is, is it a body gene or a spirit gene? There is evidence there is transmission that is neither nurture/socialization nor physical genetics. We need studies of nudity drive and its opposite in identical twins.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Petros wrote:The question is, is it a body gene or a spirit gene? There is evidence there is transmission that is neither nurture/socialization nor physical genetics. We need studies of nudity drive and its opposite in identical twins.

In our summers, when it is 100% humidity and 100 degrees, discomfort motivates 100% of toddlers to remove garments if they possess the dexterity to do so.
Later in childhood, we learn discomfort with the disapproval of nudity from our parents, siblings, neighbors, or other peers.
Some develop fear of being seen nude for various reasons, not all of which are unreasonable.
The heat and humidity remain just as uncomfortable, but social factors begin to weigh in.

Other people may feel a strong urge to be free from constricting fabric in more salubrious weather.
Yet others may be so hungry for contact with their environment (air, rain, earth) that they feel a strong urge to remove hindrance to that contact, social conditions permitting.

There are those who are eager to remove their clothes in a sexual context.
This falls outside the scope of the "nude gene" I am hypothesizing.

So, if there is some drive toward nudity, it isn't a toggle switch, more of a dimmer switch, with a variety of possible settings.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Makes sense, many factors going into it. Some people may be willing to put up with a lot of discomfort in order to remain socially acceptable. Some get started thinking about it and realize how pointless it is to be so sensitive to others opinions. I can relate to the scared to be seen part, it's unreasonable but can be vary hard to get past it when it's been there since a child. Reasoning and logic makes me decide I'm going to defeat it, but feelings hang on anyway. Only remedy is practice, a little at a time as opportunity comes along. Plans are in place to create endless opportunity to live and work naked all year, with company as help can be made use of.
DaveT
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism