Other naturist/nudist sites

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Other naturist/nudist sites

Postby Maverick » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Anyone members other sites? Just curious. I've seen people mention TrueNudists and the Fig Leaf Forum. I'd be interested to know what y'all think of them.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: Other naturist/nudist sites

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 am

I'm a member of Naturist Christians, TrueNudists, and AANR. The last two are decidedly secular but then I'm not religious myself while I try to respect the rights of others who are.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:55 pm

TrueNudists
I am not at all familiar with them. So, no comment.

AANR
I am a former AANR member and would gladly return if my budget improves substantially in the next year or so.
While they are secular, AANR has Christians among its membership and the organization, from what I have seen so far, does not usually conflict with Christian values.
There are some at AANR leadership, at least in the past, who were willing to look the other way at resorts that were not abiding by family values
However, if people who favor family values, want organized family naturism to continue, then we have a choice:
1. We form a new family naturist association or...
2. Fight from within to make AANR more perfectly in harmony with family values.

For now, I think it is more practical to stay within AANR and fight for family values.

Naturist Christians
I am not a member of Naturist Christians because I am not willing to limit my speech to conform to the organization's values.
I do not judge those who are willing to deal with the rules. It's just my own reaction to the place.

I can also recommend Sunnyday's Message Board.
Her board is open to all, but the founder, who goes by the handle "Sunnyday" is Christian and nudist.
Not only that, many of her essays and stories are from a Christian perspective and quite a few of the participants on her message board are Christian.
There is no "membership", but it has its regular contributors.
http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2363210097

I subscribe to a newsletter called The Naked Truth Naturists. It is sent out by Tom Pine, a fiction author and genuinely nice guy.
It is open to all, but has a Christian perspective in much that I read.
Here's a link to the website and you can subscribe to the newsletter if you find it interesting: http://thenakedtruthnaturists.com/
Last edited by Ramblinman on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Hey Maverick,

I'm also a member at TrueNudists.com, but in recent years I only visit the site once in a blue moon. There are so many thousands of members on there, and literally hundreds in the chat room at one time, it's difficult to get to know anyone on any level beyond "How's the weather there", or "How long have you been a nudist". Also, with such a large crowd of members, fraudulent accounts are commonplace. I much prefer the comradery I've seen here in The Village, even though I don't join in every conversation or thread.

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby vycna » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:50 pm

I had thought of using the site TrueNudists.com, but with this statement, I am inclined to not bother. I would be attracted where I would see real discussions where I might have something I think so as to take part, there are such sites.
vycna
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely happy here in the Village; I just wanted to hear some opinions about the other sites I've seen and heard of.

Ramblinman, thank you for recommending Sunnyday's message board! I scrolled through a few of the strips there and noticed your handle. I'll definitely check it out further since it seems like a "hole in the wall" site.

I've checked in to Naturist Christians a few times to see how things are going over there. Looks to me like the squabble over theology and whatnot has subsided for the most part. It also seems like a few new and active members have joined up, which is a good thing. Other than that, most of the posts seem to be inspirational naturist pictures with captions that Bill Martin shares and then posts on the N-C Facebook page and Tumblr site.

Thanks for the insight into TrueNudists, Warren. I may join up at some point but it sounds like "much ado about nothing" based on how you describe it.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Here are a couple of sites I'm not part of but am aware of.

Reddit.com Nudism
International Young Naturists
Young Naturists America

From what I've seen, none of these sites are particularly religious at all.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Ramblinman wrote:...Naturist Christians
I am not a member of Naturist Christians because I am not willing to limit my speech to conform to the organization's values.
I do not judge those who are willing to deal with the rules. It's just my own reaction to the place...

Maverick wrote:...Looks to me like the squabble over theology and whatnot has subsided for the most part. It also seems like a few new and active members have joined up, which is a good thing. Other than that, most of the posts seem to be inspirational naturist pictures with captions...

I'm there, but have much less to contribute because of the "rules." But every now and then there is an opportunity for the gospel, which i'll take despite their often-too-rapid redirect to the priority of naturism.

Re: "inspirational naturist pictures with captions," indeed, they are frequent, though pixillated, which for me sort of distorts the message(s). It seems oxymoronic to tout the value of naturism while pixillating body parts. From what i understand it is because the same inspirational naturist photos get posted on other social media outlets which require the pixillation, but why not post the non-pixillated versions on a site like N-C? It has also become a significant outlet for a couple of quite skillful and prolific poets and authors; so much so that i lack the time to read it all. Definitely not the Web site that it was a year ago at this time, but apparently for many there, that's a good thing.
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:17 am

Good observations C.O. and Maverick. According to Bill Martin, the pixilated photos on N-C are taken from other sites with the pixilation already in placewhereas those he posts from N-C are not pixilated there but are pixilated for posting on FB, etc, to prevent their rejection. And, yes, there are a couple of good storytellers (Rowland, Jr in particular) and poets there.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:05 pm

Maverick wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely happy here in the Village; I just wanted to hear some opinions about the other sites I've seen and heard of.

Ramblinman, thank you for recommending Sunnyday's message board! I scrolled through a few of the strips there and noticed your handle. I'll definitely check it out further since it seems like a "hole in the wall" site.

Sunnyville as I often think of it, is much like a friendly small town. I really feel like folks there are my neighbors chatting with me over the fence and if I could we'd open the gate and have them over for a swim and cookout, au naturel of course! Not too different from the Christian Naturist VIllage experience!

Sunny's stories are on her website, which is easily found by following the link from her message board.
It began as an online journal she kept...
Sunny, when we first met her, was a Midwestern teenage girl getting over the untimely death of her parents.
We listened as she described the freedom of secretive nude runs and a memorable trip to a lovely nude beach in the Caribbean.
Eventually her solo nude walks in a secluded pasture came to include close friends, both male and female.
They each learned firsthand the wonder and joy of experiencing nature without a stitch of clothes to diminish the experience.
It became obvious to all how natural it was, what God intended for us.

Eventually she made friends who invited her to an actual nudist campground. She took to it immediately and went back often.
As time passed, she found love, marriage and children, continuing the nudist life she had begun as a single girl and instilling those values in her children.
Now in her mid-thirties, very involved in her church and the lives of her husband and children, she doesn't visit her message board often.
But through her compelling life story, she has changed many lives for the better.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
While they are secular, AANR has Christians among its membership and the organization, from what I have seen so far, does not usually conflict with Christian values.
There are some at AANR leadership, at least in the past, who were willing to look the other way at resorts that were not abiding by family values
However, if people who favor family values, want organized family naturism to continue, then we have a choice:
1. We form a new family naturist association or...

I have noted on an AANR page that the requirements for a club or resort to be affiliated that they must not discriminate based on sexual orientation. For a resort which offers accommodations to the public that may be a matter of civil rights law, for a club perhaps it is only an AANR requirement. (freedom of association and all that) However as AANR imposes that on clubs, I think that one could probably find people who regard that as violating their Christian Values, as well as other who do not stick that close to the scriptures. Of course how one defines "family values" might determne whether some would think that a violation on that score.

Ramblinman wrote:Naturist Christians
I do not judge those who are willing to deal with the rules. It's just my own reaction to the place.

I entirely get your point and see how some might be uncomfortable versus accepting of his efforts to provide a service with some limits that might chafe some potential contributors. I find Bill Martin to be an interesting personality and quite reasonably approachable and as he provides the service freely, and it has some unique and desireable features I find that it is easy enough to be respectful of the limitations he imposes and understand the reasons why he does so. He takes a moral position on some matters and I would advise anyone who is curious to approach the matter in an accommodating manner.

Ramblinman wrote:I can also recommend Sunnyday's Message Board
...............http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2363210097

I can also, I find her personal writing delightful!

Ramblinman wrote:I subscribe to a newsletter called The Naked Truth Naturists. It is sent out by Tom Pine, a fiction author and genuinely nice guy.
It is open to all, but has a Christian perspective in much that I read.
Here's a link to the website and you can subscribe to the newsletter if you find it interesting: http://thenakedtruthnaturists.com/

another Top Quality site!
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:45 am

Bare_Truth, thanks for the links. Both look like quality sites I hope to explore further when time allows.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:51 pm

bn2bnude wrote:Here are a couple of sites I'm not part of but am aware of.

Reddit.com Nudism
International Young Naturists
Young Naturists America

From what I've seen, none of these sites are particularly religious at all.

There's a subreddit for Nudism?! Nice! Looks like a great place to keep up with naturist news.

I'm a member of International Young Naturists but haven't logged in for months, partly because I was busy, partly because even though it's supposed to be non-religious some people like to take jabs at Christianity. I may check in and see how things are going.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:28 pm

Let's not forget Florida Young Naturists Their leader Robby is a Christian, the group is open to all. A very active bunch.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 am

Ramblinman wrote:AANR
I am a former AANR member and would gladly return if my budget improves substantially in the next year or so.

AANR's website costs nothing to join. They have a forum - using the same software as this site - that is sadly under utilized, IMHO. I still get the feeling AANR's leadership are not "digital natives" and don't see the value in an active forum.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Next

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism