Assistant pastor discovered I'm a nudist

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Assistant pastor discovered I'm a nudist

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Sometimes we have to gain self-confidence before others will have confidence in us.

Agreed. Too bad the guy isn't standing up straight, sign or not. Being hunched over makes him look embarrassed instead of self-confident.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:19 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:
Sometimes we have to gain self-confidence before others will have confidence in us.

Agreed. Too bad the guy isn't standing up straight, sign or not. Being hunched over makes him look embarrassed instead of self-confident.
It might be difficult to look confident while holding an "Out Of Order" sign. :lol:

For some reason I'm thinking of the old Scottish joke: "Nothin's worrrn under the kilt; it's all in guid worrrkin' orrderrr." :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:10 pm

"So you want me to repent of the desire and attempt to follow after the original plan of lifestyle God intended for us?" "You want me to repent of trying to overcome lust in the very best way it can be done?" (reference mychainsaregone.org) "Repent of following after Isaiah as he obeyed God's command?" "I shall repent of no good thing, only that which is evil should be repented of."

It would be a truthful response to those arguing in favor of man made garments for moral reasons.

Print out mychainsaregone articles and give that to them to read. Many people won't read it on the website even if ya tell them to. While they are more likely to read a booklet. It might just help some soul struggling over the issue secretly, along with validating our own position.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Nytro,
Speaking of his pastor's approach in dealing with the question of social Naturism, Nytro, in the original post wrote:He gave me a "home work" assignment, of 4 pages of bible verses and references of nudity/nakedness in the bible, and would like for me to just write down a few words describing just what that verse is saying. There is also an article (I haven't gotten to that part of the package yet) about the subject of nakedness as a Christian.
Nytro, could you post that list of scriptures I would really like to see it and I would bet a bunch of others would too. If you have it in text form to paste into a post here it would be great but lacking that even an image of the text would suffice. I would like to examine verse by verse how he arrives at his conclusion. After all If he can prove that nudity is a sin we really should know about it. :!: :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 am

Bare_Truth wrote:... After all If he can prove that nudity is a sin we really should know about it. :!: :wink:

We must maintain clarity:
Nudity is not always nudism.
Nudists are not always nude.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:30 pm

When it comes down to introducing the subject to a nonbeliever in nudism. Pastor, elder, etc. If they are willing to read mychainsaregone articles that would be best. But a very brief introduction to set things out strait might be just to say "I like to live like Isaiah did for awhile when God told him to." It puts the burden of proof of innocence on the well respected ancient prophet and what he did under God's command, instead of on modern society and Christianity with it's misunderstandings and failings under the load of sin.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Nytro, any updates about your conversations with your pastor? :)
naturist
Native Resident

Postby nytro » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Nytro, could you post that list of scriptures I would really like to see it and I would bet a bunch of others would too.

I will do that, I need to scan it and post it, give me a day or two...
Rob
<n><
nytro
Native Resident

Postby nytro » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:46 pm

naturist wrote:Nytro, any updates about your conversations with your pastor? :)

Nothing has been said since that day back in November. He and I work together pretty closely, with the audio and video side of the ministry. I am the "video coordinator" for lack of a better term. We chat about church related items at least weekly, if not more. In fact he and I had a little email chain this morning about a video/projection need. We get along great, just hasn't gone beyond our original conversation.
Rob
<n><
nytro
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:14 am

Sounds like he's accepting of it...even though he might not agree with the lifestyle. :like:
naturist
Native Resident

Postby nytro » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

naturist wrote:Sounds like he's accepting of it...even though he might not agree with the lifestyle. :like:

TBC (To Be Continued)...
Rob
<n><
nytro
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism