Good news plus a bit of bad

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Good news plus a bit of bad

Postby Englishman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 am

I often pop onto the British Naturism site to see what's going on in the wider world of naturism; or at, in the case of our little island, until the water gets a bit active & tastes salty! There I found this little gem.

https://www.bn.org.uk/news/information/ ... ions-r569/

It's basically ordinary people talking about why they like to be naked together. The images will be familar to anyone who has been to an actual nude beach; the rolls of fat, the wrinkles & a marked abscence of the nubile or adonis stereotypes. As far as I am concerned this is good news. BN does a lot of educative work, attempting to dispel the 'saucy seaside postcard' image naturism has in this country.

For me, at least, the not so good news is contained in other article on the British Naturism site.

https://www.bn.org.uk/news/information/ ... wows-r572/

Most of the article sounds just like a normal event review; it's almost the last lines that did it for me. "One of the most memorable (and out there!) moments of the Woodland Weekend was the Woodland owner’s tongue in cheek, pagan-esque Moon Pond ritual including naked torch bearers, flaming horns and the opportunity to be baptised - you had to be there!" This just tells me we Christians should be involved otherwise, a whole, albeit small, subgroup are being taught that Christainity is irrelevant & you should try this more exciting (in their eyes) alternative.

Before anyone asks me I will confess my failure to engage with that subgroup which is based on the fact family support for naturism is currently at a low ebb. I keep praying!
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Re: Good news plus a bit of bad

Postby RMOlson » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 pm

The good news is truly good news thank you for sharing! The bad, while I agree it is not encouraging it is the way the non-Christian world operates. We do need to live, function and, at times, push back, so that the world sees the Father and Son (Spirit, too) operating. Maybe I am cynically but I believe most of the time the world will be the world and it breaks my heart.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 am

It is good, although painful, to have one's heart broken by what we see around us. I believe it is an echo of the heart of God for our broken world & its damaged people.

I have just realized I am going off my own topic! Oops!

Anyway, lets celebrate the good stuff & continue to seek ways of being His salt & light in our various communities; clothed & unclothed.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Then, you have this on THIS side of the "pond"....

Kelly Ripa can't wait to sit naked on all her furniture: 'Be warned'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/k ... ty-nesters

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos can't wait to be empty nesters.

Their 18-year-old daughter, Lola, just graduated high school and will be moving out of their New York City home to attend college in the fall. Their eldest son, Michael, 22, is also out of the house and away at college, which only leaves their 16-year-old son Joaquin at home.

Ripa joked to Entertainment Tonight at the TrevorLIVE Gala in New York City on Monday that the couple is "this close."

KELLY RIPA AND MARK CONSUELOS CELEBRATE DAUGHTER’S HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION

As for what the Emmy winner will do once her kids are gone, she insisted it involves a lack of clothing.

"I'm truly going to be running through the house naked," she said. "I just want everybody to know that. I'm going to be sitting on every piece of furniture naked. Be warned before you come over. That's what I'll be doing in my spare time."

The couple, 48, apparently likes to be naked often. They joked on Monday's "Live with Kelly and Ryan," where Consuelos is temporarily filling in, that Lola accidentally walked in on them having sex over the weekend.

“We started [Lola’s] day off pretty bad yesterday,” Consuelos said. Ripa added, “It was the worst.”

“She shuts the door and you hear, ‘You just ruined my birthday and my life and I used to see in color and now everything is gray,'” Ripa described. Later on, during a family brunch which included Ripa's in-laws, Lola told her parents they were “disgusting” and had “no chill.”

Ripa added she said, “You act like you’re 20 but you’re no."
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Personally, I don’t think they should wait to become empty nesters but then I wear clothing when not home alone in order not to offend my wife, daughter and granddaughter so I can understand their actions. But, good for their attitude toward nudity.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:21 pm

RMOlson wrote:The good news is truly good news thank you for sharing! The bad, while I agree it is not encouraging it is the way the non-Christian world operates. We do need to live, function and, at times, push back, so that the world sees the Father and Son (Spirit, too) operating. Maybe I am cynically but I believe most of the time the world will be the world and it breaks my heart.

I say often there should be real nudist Christian community actually existing. It would be fulfilling for this. It is not for believers to remain being part of the world, either. That they don't really come together as community as those of the first community of Christian believers is really because of their resistance, for remaining to be part of the world. The world does not have great testimony of God and Jesus and the needed gospel to it this way.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:59 am

On prophetic vision Ezekiel was shown a scene;
Eze 9
[4] And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
[5] And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
[6] Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

God's judgments fall on evil when the time comes that evil passes the limit of God's forbearance. And those judgments fall first on churches who know the truth but have failed to practice it, failed to follow God's instructions. But a mark of deliverance/protection is placed on everyone who sees the evil and mourns over it. The forehead is the moral center of the brain.

As for Lola, they should have raised her with more commonplace nudity in the home, so even accidentally catching her parents in the act should not have disturbed her in the least. They may be partially naturist inclined but don't really understand the value of raising children that way.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Caught in the act of following God's command of being fruitful and mulltiplying, what is the big deal? First, it is not discusting or anything to be ashamed of, second, daughter is old enough to know what goes on between parents and lovers (maybe even knows too much from personal experience), and third, it should have been an "oops, see you later" moment.

My wife and I got caught one morning by four-year old daughter, who announced, "Mom, dad has his hand on your breast." To which my wife said, "Nice."
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby baresoul » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Human sexuality has a place in the design of everything, though people really should try keeping sexual acts between each other private themselves. The Bible shows that narriage should be the context of that. But being fruitful and multiplying is not for applying in all circumstances no matter what. Our world won't even sustain as many of us as there are without crisis coming to civilization.
baresoul
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism