My Life was Dark until I began my journey with Jesus!

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Life was Dark until I began my journey with Jesus!

Postby Baptistnaturist » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:50 am

I am a stubborn man at times, and at my age pretty much set in my ways. When the Lord decided it was my time to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior he probably thought to himself it was going to be a real long day!

Over the course of time, I have seen a number of folks suddenly bring Jesus into their lives as if a bolt of lightening hit them. In my case, the Lord decided I needed to journey down a beautiful path of discovery, empowerment and enlightenment. I can not recall exactly when this metamorphose of my soul began but little by little about 5 years ago I could sense a strange restlessness going on within me. I was one of those
individuals who blamed God for everything that went wrong in my life. Funny, when the good things happened it was always my doing! Most of us, at some point in our lives experience personal tragedy and pain and I am no exception. Going through these difficult times, the first thing I did was to reject the Lord, turn my back on him and take all the responsibilities of my tragedy off my shoulders and become an atheist. Well, that was easy!

Little did I realize, I was at that point, walking the earth, God's Earth with a painful spiritual void in my heart that zapped every ounce of contentment out of my being. Life was OK, and I was getting thought life pretty good, but something was missing that I never could figure out. The death and tragedy that had changed my life was behind me and I was doing well in my day to day existence. Good job, some nice friends, good food, travel, no bills; It can't get better than that? WRONG! You can have everything going good for you and if your life if missing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior quite simply, your life is incomplete and no matter what you do, things won't seem quite right.

Change is never easy, and for a man such as myself, I was guarded against change. Why fix something if it isn't broken? What I didn't realize is, I was broken spiritually and deep down inside, very sad. How grateful I am to the Lord to work with me slowly and patiently on my journey to my Salvation! I suppose the simplest way to describe my journey was that there were four stages I traveled through; Denial, Thinking, Acceptance and at last Coming Home. Praise Jesus!

I want all of you to know, my new life is bringing me a harvest of good feelings and contentment. How grand it is to awake each day with my Lord Jesus on my mind. To go to sleep each night with Jesus blessing me and to have Jesus with me during my daily tasks to guide me in my thoughts and actions. Once you accept the Lord you will experience profound change in the everyday activities of your life. Suddenly, I love going to work. Yes, I am working to provide for myself, doing a good job for my company but in the end I am working for my Savior! I now find peaceful ways to resolves things that bother me or annoy me. I used to hate grocery shopping and
even that has become a prayer to the lord. How fortunate I am that the Lord
nourishes me with his beautiful harvest of food. And what joy it is to go up and down the isles of the store selecting not only items for myself but items I will be delivering to my local food bank. Praise him!

People wonder if miracles really do happen. Personally I can say yes they do, for I only need to look at myself and can testify that my salvation is a beautiful wondrous miracle of my Lord, Jesus Christ. If there is anyone out there who may still be on a journey to salvation please talk to me, for I will share with you how grand and full life becomes once you bring Jesus into you life. I promise you, life becomes truly magnificent in every way possible.

Praise Jesus and may the God Lord bless everyone of you today and for eternity !
Baptistnaturist
Resident

Re: My Life was Dark until I began my journey with Jesus!

Postby natman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:25 pm

WOW!!!

Dick, based on what you said about your age, and looking at your avatar and assuming that is a photo of yourself, your life is a testamony to all of us that it is never too late to accept Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives and that God does not always bring is into a saving knowlege of His Son early in life, but may wait years and allow life'e experiences, good and bad to form and shape us into vessels that He can use.

This is a daily issue for my wife and I as we have spent years training our children in the ways of the Lord, in Bible study, in the Church and through youth ministries. However, as each of them entered their latter teens, it appears that they have set aside their faith, or most of it, in order to chase after the ways of the world. This seems to make my wife think that she is a "failure" as a Christian parent.

I, on the other hand, am a firm believer in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." The key phrase here is "when he is OLD". It doesn't say that he will not wonder away from it for a season. Unfortunately, for some, that "season" may be somewhat extended. I also am a strong believer in Romans 8:28, "All things work for the good of those who love the Lord and are called by Him." Again, the key phrase here is "ALL THINGS", good or bad, brief or enduring.

Praise God that He had it in His plans for you to finally come to Him, to declare His glory, now and forever.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Baptistnaturist » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:04 pm

natman wrote:WOW!!!

Dick, based on what you said about your age, and looking at your avatar and assuming that is a photo of yourself, your life is a testamony to all of us that it is never too late to accept Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives and that God does not always bring is into a saving knowlege of His Son early in life, but may wait years and allow life'e experiences, good and bad to form and shape us into vessels that He can use.

This is a daily issue for my wife and I as we have spent years training our children in the ways of the Lord, in Bible study, in the Church and through youth ministries. However, as each of them entered their latter teens, it appears that they have set aside their faith, or most of it, in order to chase after the ways of the world. This seems to make my wife think that she is a "failure" as a Christian parent.

I, on the other hand, am a firm believer in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." The key phrase here is "when he is OLD". It doesn't say that he will not wonder away from it for a season. Unfortunately, for some, that "season" may be somewhat extended. I also am a strong believer in Romans 8:28, "All things work for the good of those who love the Lord and are called by Him." Again, the key phrase here is "ALL THINGS", good or bad, brief or enduring.

Praise God that He had it in His plans for you to finally come to Him, to declare His glory, now and forever.

My Brother in Christ!

First I will include your wife in my prayers as it is so sad that such a good Christian woman and devoted mom would think of herself as a failure. I pray that the Lord will touch her in some way to make her realize she is not a failure. Being a parent is one of the biggest challenges anyone can face especially in todays difficult and hard world.

I have three grown children myself and as much as I love my children there have been some problems. I suppose at times it is only natural as a parent to think one has failed in that role. There comes a point that we must accept the hard fact that there is so much anyone can do. And it is at this point we need to turn to the Good Lord and place it into his hands. I pray for my kids every single day and I will always be there for them but as adults I can only pray for their sake and their salvation that somehow, someway they will find Jesus. As for your children I will include them, along with you and your wife in my prayers everyday. I keep and maintain a Prayer Notebook here. In this note book I have a page or pages about everyone I pray for with my personal notes and thoughts and prayers written down, sometimes along with photos. Daily, morning and night I review this book as part as my prayer time. I am a strong believer in prayer.. it works!

Oh yes it is wonderful to know the Lord! I am sure you will agree with me that one of the most frustrating parts of being saved by Jesus is realizing the urgency that others out there need to be saved. One of my favorite times of the day is when I wake up. Always my thoughts are about Jesus and how grand it is to be given another day on Gods earth to do my work for him. Before I was saved, I felt broken down and lost and now I feel like a kid again... it's amazing!

Once I was saved I realized quickly I had to evangelize for the Lord and try to get others to know Him. No, I don't chase people down but rather take every opportunity I can to signal to others that I can witness to them. When I am wearing clothes, I wear T-shirts that proclaim my faith in the Lord and sometimes a ball cap. You wouldnt believe how often people come up to me to comment and in minutes we are engaged in a great conversation as I offer my witness to them. Other times I may just sit at a picnic table in a park with a bunch of my Christian Tracks in front of me. Same thing.. people will approach me. There are so many folks out there who are right there on the fence but so unsure of which way to go.. it just takes someone to give them the good word about the Lord. There is nothing that makes me prouder than proclaiming my love of Jesus and how he saved a sinner like me.

As one of my witnessing tools I maintain a website and pass out business cards I have made with the address of the website. I can not believe all of the emails I recieve from around the world from people wanting to know Christ. I pay a little money for the service but it is important that my site contans no ads or pop-ups for it has to be 100% about Jesus. Check out the link in my profile. Nothing about my Christian Naturlist lifestyle there but I have thought of adding a link in regard to that at some time.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and feedback. I suppose I have gone on too long here but dang, I love Jesus and can't help it!

God bless and again, you and your family will always be in my prayers.
Baptistnaturist
Resident

Postby minister72 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Natman, I can't recall for sure if I have mentioned this before, but I do recall this concern coming up before. For myself, my faith didn't really become my own until I came to a point where I understood how REAL it was that I deserved punishment from God. Young people tend to think of themselves as immortal; nothing bad can happen to them. And in our faith, we can sometimes think we are really not that bad. I was nineteen when I came to that point of struggling with my faith fully realizing what Christ had done for me. It may take longer, but I think deep down they know and may struggle to repress it. However God is always faithful. Keep praying, as I am sure you will, and I will join you also in praying for them.

Baptistnaturist,

Thanks for sharing your testimony. Your story reminds me of a passage in Isaiah that says, "Draw near to the Lord while he is near." There are times in our lives, especially in times of crisis. We are confronted with questions and realities that so much of time seem distant. C.S. Lewis said that "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." I am so glad to hear how you responded to his voice and the difference it has made in your life.
Grace and Peace,
Minister72

1 Cor 1:18 - A Professor once said when hearing or discovering a new truth in scripture, before fully considering it, I look for the paradox. I have found naturism to be a great paradox and fully biblical.
minister72
Native Resident

Postby peternat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Greetings in Christ Jesus,
What a Saviour. I am a Baptist from South Africa, saved by grace. Great to hear such powerful testimony.
Have a blessed life in Christ
peternat
Resident

Postby ezduzit » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Original post date was 2009 ? Where is he now?
Ez
ezduzit

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:26 am

Stories like unto yourn - and mine - testify that we cannot despair even of those like my atheist paleontologist brother who has disowned me - for insulting HIS god [quote: I believe in science, therefore I believe in evolution]
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:20 am

One part of evolution is the random changes in our DNA. I do not believe that, to do so would mean you believe you are here by accident. Are you here by accident? I am not.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:44 am

We must not be seduced into the assumption that the limited partisan definition of a word in one societal subset IS the definition of the word.

THAT "evolution" is assumed to involve DNA errors; other uses will have nothing to do with DNA.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby peternat » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 am

Good day fellow believer, I too am a Baptist and a naturist. I am from South Africa. I am saved by grace through Christ Jesus. I am clothed in His righteousness. Have a look at my blog and comment please. Peter http://naturisminsouthafrica.blogspot.com/
peternat
Resident

Postby vycna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Spiritual change is indeed the substance of being redeemed in Christ by faith. With real believers it will be seen. It is not at all necessarily instantaneous, there is usually a process over time for most growth, and for me myself it took long enough. I was only open to nudity in life likely with my lack of maturity, such that i wasn't set in old ways, but it was long ago enough, and with growing up to be consistent in my Christian walk, I never closed the door on nudist thinking. Christ still needs to lead, in any case. Spiritual maturity has that, and will incorporate the example of what we have from God through Christ, the grace, love, and compassion, to show any others. it should not be with limits, as God does not have limits to it toward us.
vycna
Native Resident

Postby peternat » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I grew up in a traditional Reformed Church, learned a lot of Biblical Truth, but sadly had no relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. I was while as was in military service that I came to know the Lord Jesus personally, thirty eight years ago. My wife also came to know the Lord. He has lead me through all these years, without Him I am lost. I also went into "full-time" service, after hearing His call. He has never failed me, He is my Saviour, My Provider, my Protector, My healer, my Lord and God. I consider myself as a Reforming Christian, constantly reforming my life to the truth in the Bible as I learn more and more. We became naturists nearly twenty one years ago still serving the Lord Jesus. For my views and my confession of faith and a short version of the gospel through which I came to know the Lord Jesus see my blog. http://naturisminsouthafrica.blogspot.co.uk/ or http://naturisminsouthafrica.blogspot.com/
The latest on the blog is my view, as I understand Scripture regarding a sound, sober and biblical view of sexual relations, especially in this modern age.
Please comment, it helps me to come to know where I my have it wrong.
Love in Jesus.
Peter
peternat
Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey