My Faith and Path in Christ, Our Lord

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Faith and Path in Christ, Our Lord

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:33 pm

I have been a believer since my early youth. My love of God is profound and my faith in Him is eternal. The Lord Jesus Christ is my Savior, my Redeemer. There have been times throughout my life that my walk was a bit shaky and there were times that I strayed from the path, but He gathered me back into the fold and set my feet back firmly upon the path of Light.

Over the years I have known several denominations ... Assemblies of God, Church of God, Pentecostal Holiness, Apostolic, Baptist, Methodist and Catholic. As I walked the path of my Christian journey I began to realize that it really isn't what hangs over the door of the church I attend ... it's what is resident in my heart and what is between me and God, so I am now pretty much non-denominational, but I respect all Christian brethren regardless of any church they may attend. I simply see us all, not as a member of any particular church, but as children of God and all of us members of that Church made up of all who're born again Christians washed in the blood of Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer. :)

The one and only thing that I ever found myself in conflict with was the strict code of dress/clothing that was always imposed and the way that so many people have presented "nakedness" as being something lewd or shamefull ... yet, in my heart, I have always known nudity to be innocent and correct with no sin attached to it ... even as a child I felt innocent about it and have embraced nudity as the proper form that was intended for mankind.

I respect and love all Christian brethren, both clothed and unclothed, and love & serve the Lord with all my heart. So many times I have begun conversations about Christianity among many of my nudist brethren over the years only to find myself suddenly alone in such conversation ... it is my hope that I will be able to fellowship here with many other Christians who are Naturists. May we always give God the glory in our daily lives and walk as He would have us to walk. God bless. :)
Last edited by Barefoot-Steel on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the day that the Lord hath made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it."
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Sincerely, Jim (Barefoot-Steel) :-)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Re: My Faith and Path in Christ, Our Lord

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Different path but some of the same stops, and equally nondenominational [I lean a bit more nostalgic liturgical, Herself leans a bit more restrained pentecostal].

We all likely have known that sudden silence.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Howdy Barefoot and welcome to the "Village" from Houston Texas.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks a million, Petros & natman ... it's a great pleasure to join the "Village". :D
"This is the day that the Lord hath made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it."
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Sincerely, Jim (Barefoot-Steel) :-)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Lots of Christians now are looking beyond denominational labels to what, or Who, we all have in common. I have seen that in just about any church, there is a core of good folks who just, quietly, do the Church's work. Find them, and your experience is going to be good. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey