a long and stumbling journey

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

a long and stumbling journey

Postby briangee » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:49 am

I was raised a catholic and for many years followed all the concepts of them, including regular church going.

As I got older I questioned all the concepts that I had been given and in fact chose to totally ignore them. I became what could be called a smoking drinking and carousing youngster, with no care of the future. The only time I would use the name of the Lord was in a profane manner.

I cannot say that I am a devout Christian yet, but I do think I have found the road I would like to travel.

I am definitely more comfortable with my nudism after reading here and on several other sites.
briangee
Resident

Re: a long and stumbling journey

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:34 am

briangee wrote:I was raised a catholic and for many years followed all the concepts of them, including regular church going.

As I got older I questioned all the concepts that I had been given and in fact chose to totally ignore them. I became what could be called a smoking drinking and carousing youngster, with no care of the future. The only time I would use the name of the Lord was in a profane manner.

I cannot say that I am a devout Christian yet, but I do think I have found the road I would like to travel.

I am definitely more comfortable with my nudism after reading here and on several other sites.

briangee, smoking has robbed so many Christians of good health and even taken their lives. I know this heartache within my own family, way too many smokers! Tobacco is a native plant of North America. It was given to us by God as a medicinal plant, and can be used to kill insects, or applied to the skin to help remove the poison of a bee sting. Many native American tribal leaders would smoke on special occasions to seal an agreement. The custom of constant smoking is not how God intended us to use tobacco.
Coca Cola was created by a doctor in Atlanta as medicine too. I understand that he was not pleased that it was modified into a beverage.

If a Christian is engaged in destructive habits, we need to help our brothers and sisters escape them without condemnation. Surely all of us have blind spots, areas of our lives where we fall short of perfection but are either unaware of them or are aware but need help.

This forum is not a substitute for the Church, but many of us are here to serve one another as an extension of the work of the Church. We are here to help!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Welcome to the village briangee,
briangee wrote:I cannot say that I am a devout Christian yet, but I do think I have found the road I would like to travel.

May I encourage you to spend time reading your Bible to discover the road that God wants you to travel? Too often I find that the road that I want to follow leads me astray.
Gerald
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:31 am

Welcome to CNV from the Empire State. I'm sure that you'll plenty of good advice here. Enjoy your stay.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey