My Faith Journey

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Faith Journey

Postby MajorMoose42 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:40 am

I've pretty much been going to a church since before I could remember. My parents both became Christians years before my brother or I were born, and that is how they raised us. I do not remember how old I was when I came to accept Jesus as my saviour, but I do remember that it was on a visit to my uncle's house in Houston during the nighttime. Even having accepted Jesus at an early age, I still had struggles. I had issues with reading the Bible because it seemed boring to me. This, of course, kept from getting close to my God. Fast forward a few years when I went to a youth Christian camp. During this time, I came to realise that I wasn't truly living for God. I ended up reconciling with my saviour after one of the sermons. I still have struggles, of course, but since then I have gotten closer and closer to God. I feel that becoming a naturist is even one step closer to God's original plan for me and for the world. :D
MajorMoose42
Resident

Re: My Faith Journey

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:48 pm

I need to let you in on a secret: All of us have struggles, even with our faith. Just about the time we feel comfortable with Jesus, He lets us experience something that takes us right out of that comfort zone! But He's with us all the way. :D You're going the right way, that is, with Him.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey