My spiritual re awakening

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My spiritual re awakening

Postby briangee » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:02 am

I have definitely had a roller coaster journey with my Christianity.

I was raised in a strict catholic household as well as attending a Catholic Boarding School. This was where I thought that God was a punisher and not a forgiver. During the last years of my schooling I went to a different school where the faith was more interdenominational, although mass was celebrated.

On leaving school and starting work, I really went off the rails in terms of Christianity and the only time I used the Lords name was in Vain.

I had patches where I went onto a slight Christian path, but there were too many other things to do rather than to worship our Lord. These other activities involved, alcohol, sex and tobacco. But never drugs.

Recently my faith in the Lord has been rekindled, and although I cannot yet say that I am fully committed, I am a lot closer than I was.

This site has also resolved a lot of issues that I had with naturism and faith. I am now so much more comfortable in both.

Any way that is my story.
briangee
Resident

Re: My spiritual re awakening

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:20 pm

You seem to be finding that the LORD is most gracious and forgiving, and that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Praise His Name! God IS love. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Re: My spiritual re awakening

Postby Kiltedhiker » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:27 am

jochanaan wrote:You seem to be finding that the LORD is most gracious and forgiving, and that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Praise His Name! God IS love. :D

Here, Here!! Amen!!
Kiltedhiker
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey