At last a naturist

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: At last a naturist

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:03 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:I'd just like to be able to garden, Wyoming's growing season is so short that it is not even worth it. I once planted four tomato plants on the southern exposure of the house right next to the foundation for warmth. I got one ripe tomato before the first frost, I had a bunch of green ones but only one got ripe. I gave up. Nude gardening would be even better, but once again one must worry about frost on the fruit.
Naked Preacher

You sound like a good candidate for a greenhouse.
I can recommend Growing Spaces. They are based in Pagosa Springs, Colorado (high altitude town) and have designed their greenhouses with passive heat collection in mind. I have seen one of these greenhouses in the West and was satisfied that you would have a very long nude season compared to the outdoor gardening that you are presently doing. Plus energy cost would be minimal since the design is so efficient and uses natural means to trap and release heat.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:00 am

That looks awesome. The textured lower windows would mean you could garden nude without significantly lowering the heat collection abilities. Is this a kit or is it site built by the company? Thanks
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:10 am

nakedpreacher wrote:That looks awesome. The textured lower windows would mean you could garden nude without significantly lowering the heat collection abilities. Is this a kit or is it site built by the company? Thanks
Naked Preacher

It is awesome and comes in various sizes, as big as you can afford. If memory serves you can hire local contractors to assemble it for you or you can do so yourself, so yes it is a kit.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:58 pm

A long time ago my father was growing tomatoes in Fresno, CA, from late March to the following February, an extraordinary feat.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:56 am

New_Adventurer wrote:A long time ago my father was growing tomatoes in Fresno, CA, from late March to the following February, an extraordinary feat.

We are the same latitude as Santa Barbara, but the prevailing winter winds can interrupt our usually mild winters with polar air. Statistically our average winter is very mild, but those deep freezes have taken us to zero Fahrenheit at times.

By mid-February, the sun is getting much stronger and inside the greenhouse I can start being nude and sowing seed for spring in flats filled with soil.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?