Body Image

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Have you found that you take better care of yourself since becoming a naturist?

Yes
84%
No
16%
Who cares?
No votes

Total votes : 25

Body Image

Postby gardenlover » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:48 pm

I understand that there are all types of bodies in a naturist setting, but have others found that they take better care of themselves after becoming a naturist?
gardenlover
Native Resident

Re: Body Image

Postby gardenlover » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:55 pm

I know "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Psalm 16:18, but taking care of yourself isn't a necessarily a vanity issue. No body shaming from me, I was just curious if there is a correlation between the two subjects.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:11 pm

I don't know. I think I have ALWAYS been a naturist, as far back as I can remember.

However, I will say that I am more aware of my physical condition when I am nude, particularly since my wife likes to have several mirrors around the house.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:28 pm

No, I can't say I take better care of myself since becoming a nudist although I do admire the sight of fit bodies among both sexes.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:25 pm

I definitely have a greater appreciation for the human body now that I'm a naturist. A fit, naked body is a beautiful work of art and amazing piece of machinery, so I'm with Jim on this one.

I've been doing some kind of fitness regimen for the past five years or so, but started finally getting the results I wanted when I lifted weights at the gym for a year, and now as I do a bodyweight fitness routine (naked!) in my bedroom gym. Whenever I get my own house, I'd like to set up a workout area in the backyard where I could exercise and be naked in the sun at the same time.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:06 pm

I have better "intentions" since becoming a naturist, but following through is something else. Usually earlier in the year I'll try to work out knowing the summer naturist season is approaching
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:48 pm

For beauty I am not a star,
There are others more perfect by far,
But my face I don't mind it,
For I am behind it,
It's the people in front that I jar.

I am not even convinced I HAVE a body image.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:06 pm

I've always been healthy-minded but naturist time gives me opportunity to see if anything is wrong with my skin, my weight (I'm regular build now but my family has a history of overweight problems), and potential injuries (I spend a lot of time outdoors so not just cuts and bruises but insect attacks). Also, I feel more acclimated to temperature extremes and I think that is a positive health issue as I can't remember the last time I had a cold or the flu (and I don't get a flu shot). All in all, I guess naturist activities make me more AWARE of my health than I otherwise might not be. I voted yes.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:46 am

I have always taken good care of myself physically--as an adult, at least. But it's more fun, and more rewarding in terms of reconnecting with nature, when I can do it in the nude. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:40 pm

The only things that caused me to start taking better care of myself is being diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and bone cancer. I've become a label reader and now buy things that say "sugar free" or no sugar added", "no sodium or no salt added", "no fat or low fat". The sweets I make at home are sugar free or low sugar. I add no salt to anything and use things that have no salt or have low salt, and use foods that are low fat or have no fat. I liberally use hot ground red pepper and Jalapeno peppers. I buy ketchup and other foods that have jalapeno peppers in them. I use Mrs. Dash Table Blend mixed spice that has no salt in it but is loaded with other spices and herbs. I've had to learn to cook and bake all over again.

At this time I'm about 25 pounds lighter than I was in February--160 pounds, about where I should be since I'm only 5' 8". There are no exercises I can safely or easily do--including walking. Two doctors (including the one who diagnosed the cancer and my cancer doctor) told me not to lift over 10 pounds. Actually, I find lifting even that weight is difficult and painful. I have to use a cane, and then I stagger a lot--like I'm drunk. Anemia causes me to bleed easily--especially my nose. A short while ago, I got a nosebleed that lasted about two weeks. Blowing my nose to get rid of the blood that dried kept it bleeding. My concern was that I would lose too much blood. Cuts that used to heal quickly now take a long time to stop. Other than that I'm in great shape for the shape I'm in. :duh: :duh:
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:56 am

Jon-Marc wrote:The only things that caused me to start taking better care of myself is being diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and bone cancer. I've become a label reader and now buy things that say "sugar free" or no sugar added", "no sodium or no salt added", "no fat or low fat". The sweets I make at home are sugar free or low sugar.

Jon Marc, just be careful not t eat or drink foods that are sweetened with aspartame or Splenda. Both of those products are know to cause severe nerve damage.

Jon-Marc wrote:There are no exercises I can safely or easily do--including walking. Two doctors (including the one who diagnosed the cancer and my cancer doctor) told me not to lift over 10 pounds. Actually, I find lifting even that weight is difficult and painful.

Although it may be difficult and painful, it is important that you continue to exercise your major muscle groups as that also contributes to bone health and your ability to generate red blood cells. Becoming sedentary is the WORST thing that can happen to you.

If you have a hard time walking, perhaps you can spend some time on a stationary bicycle or Nordic walker machine.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby firefighter » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I have always tried to stay in shape as my job required it. Since retiring I still work on cardio 2-3 times a week as I don't need the weight training as mush as I did.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby jay_p » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:24 am

I am not fat or overweight at all, but know I am not in shape. (deskjob) and I know i could do more to get in shape and probably should. But overall I think I have a fairly decent appreciation of my body image.
jay_p
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:44 am

Is body image more about how well you perceive your reality, or about what you feel about your perception?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:55 am

Petros wrote:Is body image more about how well you perceive your reality, or about what you feel about your perception?
from what I"ve read and observed in acquaintances, it's both. But it begins with perception, and early negative experiences can often alter our perceptions. So can advertising and the media. :roll:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Next

Return to Are you a naturist?