Body Image

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Have you found that you take better care of yourself since becoming a naturist?

Yes
84%
No
16%
Who cares?
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: Body Image

Postby gardenlover » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:43 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Petros wrote:Is body image more about how well you perceive your reality, or about what you feel about your perception?
from what I"ve read and observed in acquaintances, it's both. But it begins with perception, and early negative experiences can often alter our perceptions. So can advertising and the media. :roll:

Another reason to shed the textiles. Are wide ties, thin ties, or neither in this year?
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby jay_p » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Ties are evil.. thin, wide, or rope :)

I realize "The Doctor" thinks Bow ties are cool....
jay_p
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:20 pm

natman wrote:
If you have a hard time walking, perhaps you can spend some time on a stationary bicycle or Nordic walker machine.

The constant bending of my arthritic knees on an exercise bicycle only causes the pain to increase, and I'm not one who likes to cause myself more pain.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:16 pm

I enjoyed narrow ties, despised wide ties. A good friend now gone used ties like wide shoe laces. But no tie - not even one with pockets is appropriate for the naturist.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Petros wrote:I enjoyed narrow ties, despised wide ties. A good friend now gone used ties like wide shoe laces. But no tie - not even one with pockets is appropriate for the naturist.

Since ties are designed to cover up those "unsightly" shirt buttons, and since naturists do not have shirts, much less buttons, then I agree 100%.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:17 pm

The ORIGINAL tie was half muffler, half a "tie" to close the neck of a button-free shirt.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Nathan, naturists do, indeed, have buttons: innies and outies. In either case, a tie would have to come down far enough to cover it. :biggrin:

As for this year's style, thin ties are the thing. And being only a practical naturist, I do, on occasion, enjoy dressing up, especially when it makes my wife happy, who is usually thrilled to pick out the pieces (mostly to match her, I think).

Truth is, bow ties are in, too, but never in a million years for me.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 am

naturaldon wrote:Nathan, naturists do, indeed, have buttons: innies and outies. In either case, a tie would have to come down far enough to cover it. :biggrin:

As for this year's style, thin ties are the thing. And being only a practical naturist, I do, on occasion, enjoy dressing up, especially when it makes my wife happy, who is usually thrilled to pick out the pieces (mostly to match her, I think).

Truth is, bow ties are in, too, but never in a million years for me.

Have you ever worn a bolo tie? They have been popular in Arizona for years.
Commonly worn with a shirt, but apparently not always:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:31 pm

naturaldon wrote:Nathan, naturists do, indeed, have buttons: innies and outies. In either case, a tie would have to come down far enough to cover it.

Those are not really "buttons". They are "navels". :D

I used to wear a tie to work every single day and have quite a collection. I RARELY ever wear one any more, preferring jeans and polo shirts (well, not my ACTUAL preference, but currently "office-friendly").

naturaldon wrote:Truth is, bow ties are in, too, but never in a million years for me.

I wear one once a year along with my tuxedo for our Church Choir Christmas Concert in the town square. :roll:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby gardenlover » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Most ties ended up as bibs for me, when I wore them.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:59 pm

natman wrote:I wear one once a year along with my tuxedo for our Church Choir Christmas Concert in the town square. :roll:

Oh yeah, I forgot about formal-wear. I actually own a tux but haven't worn it for years... but I suppose I'd don the bow tie should my church ask me. :wink:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:01 am

I would wear a bolo tie as long it wasn't cinched up to my throat.

Bow ties have gone in and out of fashion.
If you look nerdy to begin with, it only confirms folks' suspicions, but it can look distinguished on the right guy in the right context.

I remember watching the copy repair guy at work with morbid curiosity...
wondering if his dangling neck tie would get sucked in by the whirling rollers which were ever so close. :shock:

He was NOT our employee, but the copier was so often in need of repair, we got on a first-name basis with him.
His company mandated that tie and when he stopped coming around one day, I wondered if that tie was the death of him!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:22 am

Ramblinman wrote:I remember watching the copy repair guy at work with morbid curiosity...
wondering if his dangling neck tie would get sucked in by the whirling rollers which were ever so close. :shock:

That actually happened to my woodshop teacher in high school. While he was explaining and demonstrating the proper use of a wood lathe, his tie caught into the turning piece. Within a micro-second, it pulled his neck down toward the piece, but came off and spun around until he was able to push the emergency stop switch. Fortunately, it was a clip on.

However, he was much luckier than the class bully who was working on his lathe piece when a swatch of his long hair got caught in the piece. Again, within a micro-second, he head went down to the turning piece. Unfortunately, unlike the teacher's tie, his hair was not "clip-on". His forehead hit the piece and about a three inch diameter of scalp came out with his hair. He had a knot on his forehead for weeks. In the back of my mind I was joyously saying "Justice is served." In reality, I felt very sorry for the guy. As it turned out, prior to our first class reunion, he was shot dead outside of a local restaurant as an innocent bystander between to drug dealers. I hope that he came to know Jesus as Lord and Savior between high school and that evening.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:41 am

NICE neighbourhood you had. Alls we had was Junior Beaver Mafiosi to be
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:46 am

Petros wrote:NICE neighbourhood you had. Alls we had was Junior Beaver Mafiosi to be

It was the ONLY shooting I had ever heard of in our city.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

PreviousNext

Return to Are you a naturist?