"...it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the nude."

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

"...it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the nude."

Postby nude together » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:01 am

She asked Ms Burgess: "What kind of kick do you get from this behaviour?"

Ms Burgess replied: "I take exception to the word kick and find you prudish."

Ms Hughes added: "I may be prudish but it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the nude."

But magistrates cleared Ms Burgess, a nurse and occupational therapist, of indecent exposure.

More here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/5014450.stm
The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Re: "...it's not normal for people to sunbathe in the nude."

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:23 pm

How can you properly sunbathe WITHOUT being nude? Wearing anything while sunbathing deprives the covered parts of the body from the healthful benefits from the sun.

Also, sunbathing nude is not a "behavior"; it is a state of being.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I am glad the lady was not found guilty, but the charge that what she was doing wasn't normal is very subjective. According to Dictionary.com normal is
"conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural." The problem with this definition is who defines standard or common. Normacy is determined mostly by culture and the law is all to often enfluenced by culture.

Based on what the culture considers normal, it isn't normal for anyone to garden in the nude, because virtually no one does such a thing. Therefore, since most people don't garden in the nude it isn't normal to do so.

So what if something isn't normal, as long as it isn't harming anyone, why should the so called "normal" persecute the adnormal?
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Indeed, larry. "Normal" and "average" are two different things. Remember Watchman Nee's book "The Normal Christian Life"... 8)

I was just noticing that this article was dated 2006. :shock: :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby pugiofidei » Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 am

Larryk1052 wrote:I am glad the lady was not found guilty, but the charge that what she was doing wasn't normal is very subjective. According to Dictionary.com normal is
"conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural." The problem with this definition is who defines standard or common. Normacy is determined mostly by culture and the law is all to often enfluenced by culture.

Based on what the culture considers normal, it isn't normal for anyone to garden in the nude, because virtually no one does such a thing. Therefore, since most people don't garden in the nude it isn't normal to do so.

So what if something isn't normal, as long as it isn't harming anyone, why should the so called "normal" persecute the adnormal?

Nah. Christ is the norm. Its everyone else that's freaky.
pugiofidei
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues