WOOHOO! 36 degrees and i am outside...

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

WOOHOO! 36 degrees and i am outside...

Postby nuudman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:31 am

Ok, been a wuss about the cold temps but i made a morning walk in the back yard at 36 degrees in a good rain as well. Pretty good a for a guy as cold averse as i am.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Re: WOOHOO! 36 degrees and i am outside...

Postby Larryk1052 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:04 am

36 degree nude walk in the rain! How long did you stay out in it? I once spent a half hour out nude when it was 30 degrees, but the air was calm and it was dry. I've been told by cold weather nudist that if you keep your feet, hands and head covered you can maintain body temperature. Havn't tested my cold weather nudism in a while. But, with winter upond us and the remodeling project still undone I will get my chance.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:13 am

nuudman wrote:... i made a morning walk in the back yard at 36 degrees in a good rain as well. .....
And what's more if you are arrested for nudity, your lawyer will have a credible option to enter a plea of insanity ! :shock: Most textile juries would buy it. Of course we your fellow naturists know that ain't so :wink:.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 am

36 Degrees... in the rain? You must have looked like a Smurf!!!

I was out nude last night in 34 degrees to take my old dog for a potty break. There was a slight breeze and it was bareable for the few minutes I was there. But thank God it was not windy or raining. :shock:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Well I guess I have my own WOOHOO, but it is not as drastic as 36 deg F. Yesterday was December 1, and it got up to 64 degrees with almost no wind, clear sky and bright sun at about 2:00 PM. So off came the clothes and out the door I went with the dog accompanying, (she really likes walks in the woods. I am engaging in the practice of showing that hear in SW Missouri on the Ozark Plateau that one can enjoy beautiful nude walking weather every month of the year. So Initiating December with a woods walk on the first day of the month, I can check that one off the calendar.

Given that I have tender feet I did wear shoes, and one other textile concession was a hat, however that was a blaze orange one since it is still deer season. I suppose being seen is a higher probability since there are more people on the adjacent woods and fields but so far I have not seen any of them. I did find the boot marks of a trespasser and I have mused how an encounter with him might go, I will have to fill you all in should that happen.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:28 am

natman wrote:36 Degrees... in the rain? You must have looked like a Smurf!!!
:shock:

Pretty much. The wind was only about 5 mph but it was brutal. i was trying to get used to the cold.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:36 am

I have successfully hiked nude in Kentucky every month of the year. If you watch the weather closely, there is usually one or two days a month during the winter where the temps get in the 50's or better. As long as the air is calm and you get full sun 50 is quiet comfortable as long as you keep moving.
Larry in Kentucky

Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:26 am

Bare_Truth wrote:I did find the boot marks of a trespasser and I have mused how an encounter with him might go, I will have to fill you all in should that happen.

Just carry a gun with you, and if he (or she) balks, just tell him your merely "bare hunting". :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:08 pm

natman wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:I did find the boot marks of a trespasser and I have mused how an encounter with him might go, I will have to fill you all in should that happen.

Just carry a gun with you, and if he (or she) balks, just tell him your merely "bare hunting". :mrgreen:

spoken like a Texan.
Larry in Kentucky

Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:32 pm

In the rain at 36 degrees? Sounds daring and exhilirating and bracing, you feel OK, hypothermia sets in, you do not realize how cold you really are, to conserve heat the blood no longer circulates to your arm and leg muscles, and by the time you realize it is time to get out of the cold, you cannot move.

I like being naked too, but it is a fair weather activity for me. I did enjoy sitting in the hot tub in the rain, with a warm changing room nearby.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues