Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 pm

naturaldon wrote:This might be totally off the wall so here I go... Perhaps our shortened years have nothing to do with nutrition but rather with sin itself bringing death upon us, that is, destroying us. God set our age (days) at 120 years to prevent utter, total, instantaneous annihilation that sin brings to human flesh. In other words, God had to intervene in order to keep his children from self-created extinction.

Don, the 120 year reference seems to actually have been the Lord telling Noah that within 120 years, he would destroy the world with a flood, NOT that mankind's lifespan was 120 years.
If you look at Noah's son, grandsons, etc., lifespans (at least of the patriarchs) remained above 120 years for many generations well after the Great Flood, albeit with steady decline with every generation until it reached a new equilibrium by the time of King David, when from then on most men tend to die by 70 or 80 at best.
You have to scour the entire planet to find the few who are "Supercentenarians", living to 110 or more, thanks to a unique combination of good genes, good diet, and low-stress lifestyle.
The world record for longevity in a woman in recent history is 122 years, and for a man, 116 years.

Wicked lifestyle can be destructive to the body, as can ignorant choices in diet and exercise in otherwise godly men.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby naturaldon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey ramblinman, thanks. I'm just going by Genesis 6:3. We probably look at that differently and that's okay. But I'm sure we both look at the Cross the same!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:47 pm

naturaldon wrote:Hey ramblinman, thanks. I'm just going by Genesis 6:3. We probably look at that differently and that's okay. But I'm sure we both look at the Cross the same!

Don, if the Lord meant that from hence forth, mankind's lifespan (on average) would be 120 years, then let's look for people in the Bible who lived 120 years.
They aren't in the Bible (with one exception)!
Moses, born centuries after Noah is the only person who lived exactly 120 years. Abraham and Isaac lived way longer.
http://www.bible-history.com/old-testam ... spans.html

Now turn with me please to Psalm 90:10 where David says, "Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away."
David was born just a few generations after Moses and he died at age 70.
Sadly our flesh has grown weaker on average than Moses and his generation.
A precious few have the vigor to live to that age, relics of that ancient bloodline.

As for the cross...
Many a thief died on a cross, so why was Jesus different?
It was not the cross that made Jesus our savior
He planned our salvation from the dawn of time and carried that cross of his own free will at a time and place of his choosing.
He was the only one on heaven and earth with the authority to offer his life for all of mankind for all time.
If only all would accept that offer. His blood is sufficient to cover all, but he does not force us to choose to accept his gift.
And yet we who are caught in sin do not even have the power to choose Christ.
He gives us the grace to do so if we ask.
But the cross became a sacred symbol because of the HOLY ONE who bought our freedom there, purchased with his precious blood, his whole life.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby naturaldon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Sin... exactly.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby jjsledge » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:06 am

Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
User avatar
jjsledge
Native Resident
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: Rockwall, Texas

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

jjsledge wrote:More info on sun exposure.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... 1854317638

Jerry,
This is great information about benefits of sunlight in addition to vitamin D production. Thanks for sharing it!

No one wants to get sunburn or skin cancer that is linked to it. The takeaway is that we can get our UVB to make vitamin D in just a matter of minutes of midday exposure.
Otherwise we seek shade 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. But on a June day, we enjoy abundant sunshine after 6:00 am and until 9:00 pm.
So being nude outdoors from 6:00 to 10:00 and 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm is a total of 10 hours for our skin to receive moderate amounts of sunlight to boost T-cell production, optimize serotonin levels, sanitize skin and achieve the other benefits Mercola mentioned.

That said, not all skin types can handle 10 hours of total nudity in the sun, even in off-peak hours.
Ouch!

Hopefully your experience:


Other considerations:
Is your nudity in the dappled light of the woods or in an open field?
Do you live at low latitudes or high?
Do you live close to sea level or at high altitude where the thinner air affords less protection?
Is your climate prone to cloudy skies or blazing brilliant sun and blue sky?
Is today your first nude foray after a long dark winter and your skin is pale as a result? OR are you bronzed from a long summer?
Are some parts of your body more tanned than others? Hard to avoid that situation early in the season.
Not all ten hours of sunlight are the same!
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby MoNatureMan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Some dermatologists are playing with blue light to kill pre-skin cancer. From what I was told, they put some kind of cream on damaged area. Believe is a type of kemotheropy. After the cream is on for a while they put blue light to the area. One doctor is recommending it, while the other is saying avoid it. Supposedly it kills rapidly growing cells, but can also create a hole in skin if you use it in area where there is a wound that is healing.
:argh:

Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Missouri - South Central

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:30 am

MoNatureMan wrote: ...but (blue light) can also create a hole in skin if you use it in area where there is a wound that is healing.
:argh:

Ron


Ron, this reminds me of old joke:
Patient goes to a doctor and complains, "Doc, it hurts when I do that!"
Doctor replies, "Then don't do that!" :)

Seriously the principle sounds valid, (EXCEPT for vicinity of a wound), rapidly growing skin cells are some sort tumor or cancer and need to be killed off.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:58 am

Ramblinman wrote:
Seriously the principle sounds valid, (EXCEPT for vicinity of a wound), rapidly growing skin cells are some sort tumor or cancer and need to be killed off.


Or as the dermatologist explained, the healing of a wound will have more rapidly growing cells too. In my case healing areas from MOHs surgery. Going in Monday for more. :( if I keep this MOHs surgery stuff up, I will have all new skin on my head. :argh:

Ron
User avatar
MoNatureMan
Native Resident
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm
Location: Missouri - South Central

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:23 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:Or as the dermatologist explained, the healing of a wound will have more rapidly growing cells too. In my case healing areas from MOHs surgery. Going in Monday for more. :( if I keep this MOHs surgery stuff up, I will have all new skin on my head. :argh:

Ron

For the benefit of those not familiar with the acronym:
Mohs surgery is effective in treating skin cancer as it removes the cancerous layers of the skin piece by piece until there is are no cancerous cells, according to Mayo Clinic. The goal of Mohs surgery is to remove as much of the cancer as possible while protecting the surrounding healthy skin.
https://www.reference.com/health/mohs-s ... e70135c8b7
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 am

MoNatureMan wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:
Seriously the principle sounds valid, (EXCEPT for vicinity of a wound), rapidly growing skin cells are some sort tumor or cancer and need to be killed off.


Or as the dermatologist explained, the healing of a wound will have more rapidly growing cells too. In my case healing areas from MOHs surgery. Going in Monday for more. :( if I keep this MOHs surgery stuff up, I will have all new skin on my head. :argh:

Ron

Ron, a verse comes to mind...
Then went he (Naaman) down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
II KIngs 5:14

May the Lord use your physicians as he used the River Jordan in ages past!
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:42 pm

naturaldon wrote:This might be totally off the wall so here I go... Perhaps our shortened years have nothing to do with nutrition but rather with sin itself bringing death upon us, that is, destroying us. God set our age (days) at 120 years to prevent utter, total, instantaneous annihilation that sin brings to human flesh. In other words, God had to intervene in order to keep his children from self-created extinction...

It is an effect of sin, whether the sin of rebellion against God, or that of eating food that's not good for us, or of polluting our world so that food is no longer as good as it was, or (as I tend to think) all of the above.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
User avatar
jochanaan
Councillor
 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 pm

It is, indeed, an effect of sin of which we speak.

And just think, Jesus took away our sin and now we CAN live forever. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! - John 1:29 (NKJV)
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Maverick » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Back on topic... I spent about 30 minutes total sitting in the sunlight this morning, completely naked, without sunscreen. I felt that was probably enough to absorb some Vitamin D and also, hopefully, to start getting a healthy tan without getting an unhealthy sunburn. And those 30 minutes were great!

Fortunately I clothed myself again just in time for the "bug man" to come and spray the house to keep pests away (with organic pest control!).

My next time out will probably be Thursday morning.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Skin Cancer - Sun - Cancer

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Maverick wrote:Back on topic... I spent about 30 minutes total sitting in the sunlight this morning, completely naked, without sunscreen. I felt that was probably enough to absorb some Vitamin D and also, hopefully, to start getting a healthy tan without getting an unhealthy sunburn. And those 30 minutes were great!

Fortunately I clothed myself again just in time for the "bug man" to come and spray the house to keep pests away (with organic pest control!).

My next time out will probably be Thursday morning.

Maverick,
The UV index for Dallas is still fairly low this time of year, but it looks like 20 minutes is the minimum time a nude fair-skinned person can spend in the morning sun and still make vitamin D and after 1 hour, you risk sunburn. Double these times if you have a dark complexion and multiply by 5 if you are a black African or perhaps some of the darkest south Asians.
Sunburn risk is shown as moderate from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. So you wouldn't want to work on a tan during those hours, but a quick in-out, say 10 minutes may be enough to make your daily vitamin D at midday.



http://uv.willyweather.com/tx/dallas-county/dallas.html
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Nudism and Health Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest