Reporting a problem post, thread, or member.

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Reporting a problem post, thread, or member.

Postby Webmaster » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:44 pm

For the new members here, and those that don't know about it yet, there is a system here that allows you to reports posts and threads that you feel are inappropriate, and users that are causing problems in some way.

Below is the "How to" directions for reporting each of these.

Reporting a Post

A post is an individual message that a member has made. In each message box, where you read the post, you will an exclamation mark in the upper right corner.

If you click on this it will take you to a screen where you can enter your comments about the post and why you’re reporting it. Please give as much information about the reason(s) you’re making the report.

Reporting a Thread

A thread is a string of posts in one section, or forum. If you want to report a thread, then scroll down the bottom right of the screen and look for this link:

Clicking on this will take you to another screen where you can make comments about the thread and why you’re reporting it.

Reporting a User/Member

With reporting a user you need to go to the member's profile and look in the lower LEFT side of the profile, as shown below.

To get to a member's profile you need to click on their name from the home/index page, or from the thread list (forum list) page, or when reading a PM. Doing this will take you to their profile page, and from there look for the link as shown above.

To report a member when you're reading a PM you'll need to look for the link to their profile, seen here, at the bottom left of the message.

The same with this as with the others, clicking on the link will take you to another screen where you can enter your comments as to why you’re reporting the member. Please be certain that any comments you make can be verified. If the member has been sending you inapporpriate private messages, please do not delete them if you are reporting them. We may ask you to send us a copy of them.

What happens when a report is filed

When a report is filed the Administrators and Moderators receive emails informing them of the report, as well as a notice being placed on the site that they can see.

If the report is about a thread or post the moderator(s) for that forum will handle it in accordance with the site’s rules. If it is about a user then it is assigned to a staff member to handle, normally an Administrator.

The information in the report is reviewed and a decision is made as to the best manner to handle the complaint. If need be a discussion will be opened up in the staff area and a team decision is made.

If you have any questions about how to file a report, feel free to email me.

WM
Last edited by Webmaster on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby boondon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:47 pm

I can't find "report User" in the blue like you say. Report topic and report post are both there.
Don
God has created you naked and called you "Very Good!"
boondon
Native Resident

Postby Webmaster » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:05 am

boondon wrote:I can't find "report User" in the blue like you say. Report topic and report post are both there.
Don

I've made a change to the view profile file. The link for reporting another member is now shown on the bottom left like this:

I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Re: Reporting a problem post, thread, or member.

Postby savedsylvan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:38 pm

Webmaster wrote:Reporting a User/Member

With reporting a user you need to go to the member's profile and look in the lower LEFT side of the profile, as shown below.

To get to a member's profile you need to click on their name from the home/index page, or from the thread list (forum list) page, or when reading a PM. Doing this will take you to their profile page, and from there look for the link as shown above.

To report a member when you're reading a PM you'll need to look for the link to their profile, seen here, at the bottom left of the message.

The same with this as with the others, clicking on the link will take you to another screen where you can enter your comments as to why you’re reporting the member. Please be certain that any comments you make can be verified. If the member has been sending you inapporpriate private messages, please do not delete them if you are reporting them. We may ask you to send us a copy of them.

If you have any questions about how to file a report, feel free to email me.

WM

I tried following these instructions to report the website on the profile of our newest member (joined today 3/23/07) "sylarir" I think it was. That's not the exact spelling, I went back to check just now and they are no longer the "newest member", it had reverted to the previous new member. You may have removed them for the same reason I am reporting this. The website peppered me with pop-ups and must have hit me with adware, because I just got my PC cleaned up and wasn't getting unwanted pop-ups for the past week.

Anyway, ya'll manage this site so well, which is greatly appreciated, and thought this might be something you try to deal with at you administrator level. Thanks - savedsylvan
When naturism (or anything) becomes an obsession and hinders healthy/open (non-virtual) relationships and our witness, we have a problem. See www.celebraterecovery.com
Also, www.ransomedheart.com (J.Eldridge site)
savedsylvan
Permanent Resident

Return to Questions about this website