The History of Gun Control

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The History of Gun Control

Postby nude together » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 am

The History of Gun Control...

The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Re: The History of Gun Control

Postby jopartain » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 am

An hour? It'd take a day for my computer to load that!

My opinion on this issue? Let people get guns to defend themselves, anywhere, at any time. Just no RPG's. The saddest case of gun control stopping things was the Luby's Massacre. One victim has had to go through a lot. She watched her parents get executed. Her gun was in her car because Texas state regulations prevented her from bringing the gun into a public place.

The moral of this tragedy?
Bad guys don't take a day off, and they sure don't follow the rules, that's why they rob banks instead of playing the stock market. We can only fight fire with fire. This is a chemical fire, and the only thing we can do is cut of it's ability to spread, because water (gun control) won't put it out.
jopartain
Resident

Postby nude together » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:13 am

jopartain wrote:An hour? It'd take a day for my computer to load that!

My opinion on this issue? Let people get guns to defend themselves, anywhere, at any time. Just no RPG's. The saddest case of gun control stopping things was the Luby's Massacre. One victim has had to go through a lot. She watched her parents get executed. Her gun was in her car because Texas state regulations prevented her from bringing the gun into a public place.

The moral of this tragedy?
Bad guys don't take a day off, and they sure don't follow the rules, that's why they rob banks instead of playing the stock market. We can only fight fire with fire. This is a chemical fire, and the only thing we can do is cut of it's ability to spread, because water (gun control) won't put it out.

Well said!

nude together
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:58 am

A common thread in all these gun confiscations and the slaughter of innocents was the government was trying to protect, or create some sort of perfect society. Then it goes horribly wrong.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 am

Simpson / Sampson - suppressed, but relevant
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:12 am

Is there constitutional grounds for limiting the firepower of weapons in the possession of individuals or militia groups? Why not rocket-propelled grenades, fully-automatic weapons, explosives such as TNT?
Do ex-convicts have the right to defend themselves when they are free from prison and return to crime-infested neighborhoods?

Unless our firepower exceeds that of the US military and local police, we cannot have revolution.
(unless we have a coup such as Egypt just had with military involved).
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Ramblinman, I think the constitution is specifically address arms ( rifles, pistols, knives) explosives and rocket propelled grenades aren't arms in my opinion. Now, a fully automatic is an arm and making them illegal was just an incremental step to outlawing guns. I think being as we'll armed as the military a difficult task, but pretty much what the police have access to most civilians can get. The main thing is to oppose any further eroding of our right to keep and bear arms.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 am

Is causing boredom illegal? It's not a gun or "arm" and people seem to die from boredom all the time! :mrgreen:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 am

Larryk1052 wrote:Ramblinman, I think the constitution is specifically address arms ( rifles, pistols, knives) explosives and rocket propelled grenades aren't arms in my opinion. Now, a fully automatic is an arm and making them illegal was just an incremental step to outlawing guns. I think being as we'll armed as the military a difficult task, but pretty much what the police have access to most civilians can get. The main thing is to oppose any further eroding of our right to keep and bear arms.

Larry, to me the two reasons for bearing arms:
Protection until the police arrive.
Overthrowing a government that abandons the constitution.
Frankly if the constitution is out the window, all weapons of any size, (bigger the better) are fair game.
You would hope the army will be on your side if it comes down to it, but citizens have broken into arsenals in times of revolution if they have to go it alone.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson

Okay, reason #3: shooting that danged squirrel that's been eating your prized tomatoes.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nude together » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 am

Ramblinman wrote:
Larryk1052 wrote:Ramblinman, I think the constitution is specifically address arms ( rifles, pistols, knives) explosives and rocket propelled grenades aren't arms in my opinion. Now, a fully automatic is an arm and making them illegal was just an incremental step to outlawing guns. I think being as we'll armed as the military a difficult task, but pretty much what the police have access to most civilians can get. The main thing is to oppose any further eroding of our right to keep and bear arms.

Larry, to me the two reasons for bearing arms:
Protection until the police arrive.
Overthrowing a government that abandons the constitution.
Frankly if the constitution is out the window, all weapons of any size, (bigger the better) are fair game.
You would hope the army will be on your side if it comes down to it, but citizens have broken into arsenals in times of revolution if they have to go it alone.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson

Okay, reason #3: shooting that danged squirrel that's been eating your prized tomatoes.

nude together
Native Resident

Return to Christianity and Ethics