Evolution; how dead rocks became man (well, women too)...

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Evolution; how dead rocks became man (well, women too)...

Postby nude together » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 am

:lol: I always get a kick out of this; they try so hard to hold onto their belief in evolution. Or, what I call "from the goo, through the zoo, to you." Otherwise known as the development of dead rocks into your basic beer drinking baseball fan...

The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Re: Evolution; how dead rocks became man (well, women too)...

Postby prairieboy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 am

Yet they are all concerned about the state of the earth. If they really believed in evolution they would believe that life would continue to evolve in order to adapt to changing conditions. Also, if it (beginning of life) happened once, why not twice, why not multiple times in multiple places? New life could be starting in a swamp in Louisiana right now. But they don't believe in evolution that strongly.

Actually I think I saw Piltdown man on an episode of dumbest things on wheels lately.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby nude together » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 am

prairieboy wrote:
Actually I think I saw Piltdown man on an episode of dumbest things on wheels lately.

Perfect place for it..."dumbest things on wheels!" :lol: And, you make some good points about life and its beginnings IMHO.

nude together
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:39 pm

the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. Genesis 2:7
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nude together » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Ramblinman wrote:the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. Genesis 2:7

RIGHT ON!! Let every man be a liar and God the truth! :D

nude together
Native Resident

Postby vycna » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

prairieboy wrote:Yet they are all concerned about the state of the earth. If they really believed in evolution they would believe that life would continue to evolve in order to adapt to changing conditions. Also, if it (beginning of life) happened once, why not twice, why not multiple times in multiple places? New life could be starting in a swamp in Louisiana right now. But they don't believe in evolution that strongly.

Belief in evoution from natural laws will have its influence on behavior of those holding to it. For them it is already the case that there is the further belief among a number of them that there are other worlds that also have evolution of other life natural to them. The basis of life developing is elusive and there is no true explanation with their beliefs, but that life is here gives them the expectation that it just must happen in some other worlds.

The Bible has abundant evidence for our trust, and with that, it does not make sense that Yahweh God would make the world with ages of suffering and death for leading to the world with the presence of humanity. It makes sense that the perfect Creator produced the perfect world, with the first of humanity, in his image, to be present in it. The Bible describes this, and the evidences of Earth's history can be interpreted with consistency scientifically with a biblical view. Death is what came after with the fall. And though there would be suggestion made that there would have been death for animals anyway, this is not consistent with there being the perfect one who has absolute and perfect compassion. Vegetarian diet was in the most perfect plan with perfect compassion, it was universal originally, and the image of it to be so in God's coming restoration is in prophecy.
vycna
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:52 am

Whenever I reply to a news article about evolution and how false it is, I get lambasted by all the believers of that lie. When I said one time that evolution was made up by someone who didn't want to believe in the truth of creation, someone replied to me that creationism was invented by those who didn't want to believe in the truth of evolution. The world continues in its blind ignorance and illusion that scientists know the beginning of mankind--when those scientists deny the existence of God the Creator and the reality of creation. Scientists continue to be amazed at the wonders they see in space, and they're unable to explain any of it. Whenever man in his foolish "wisdom" thinks he has the answers, God proves him wrong. What a wondrous God!
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:21 pm

I worked with a guy that was wondering how people could be so ignorant as to believe in creation. I said, "Well I do."
He said, "You do?"
I said, "It takes a huge leap of faith to believe in creation. But to believe in evolution takes a million leaps of faith, many of them as big as, or bigger, than believing in creation."
He never mentioned it again.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby vycna » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:Whenever I reply to a news article about evolution and how false it is, I get lambasted by all the believers of that lie. When I said one time that evolution was made up by someone who didn't want to believe in the truth of creation, someone replied to me that creationism was invented by those who didn't want to believe in the truth of evolution. The world continues in its blind ignorance and illusion that scientists know the beginning of mankind--when those scientists deny the existence of God the Creator and the reality of creation. Scientists continue to be amazed at the wonders they see in space, and they're unable to explain any of it. Whenever man in his foolish "wisdom" thinks he has the answers, God proves him wrong. What a wondrous God!

It should not matter or be a basis of what we believe whether or not others think we as Christian believers are foolish. It should matter what we can see the Bible teaches. We can see from it that the Christian gospel and all that are with it are foolish to nonbelievers, we need to get past that being an obstacle to accepting however much or little is call from God's word to be different with what it is we are to believe. It will yet be a light to others. We should be however different that we are called to be.

As it is found in the Bible, it is willful ignorance to deny God and the necessity of his riole in creation. Indeed the biblical account was available already and the greatness of the order of all creation is seen for which the Bible accounts, and there is explanation with evolution to avoid appealing to that and maintain being scientific. But all creation remains too wonderful for being explained with only natural processes, and the wonder cannot be denied.

vycna
Native Resident

Return to Christianity and Ethics