WOW, did he ever get it right!!

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby nude together » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 pm

When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers, “just men who will rule in the fear of God.” The preservation of government depends on the faithful discharge of this duty; if the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizens will be violated or disregarded. If a republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the divine commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the laws.

Noah Webster, – 1758-1843, Advisor to the Founding Fathers, statesman, educator, lexicographer and author of Webster’s Dictionary. History of the United States (New Haven: Durrie & Peck, 1832), pp. 336-337, 349.
The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Re: WOW, did he ever get it right!!

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:25 am

I don't see anything in there about the contemptible practice of voting for the "least worst" candidate who by worldly wisdom "has a chance of winning".
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:20 am

So the way I read this, it's pretty self condemning.

The "Christian Right", whatever that means, has pretty much sold out to the Republican Party (and now maybe the Tea Party), electing them, almost without question.

The "Christian Left", seems to have gone the opposite direction and seems to support the Democratic Party without regard to the person being elected.

If someone suggests you should vote your conscious, the argument you get from either side (sometimes dependent on the election year) is "A vote for someone else is a vote for --name your evil--.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:29 am

I could go a lot of ways but will try to stay on subject.
I have a good example that I may have posted previously elsewhere but here it is (again?)
I know 2 men both were life long union workers and their union told them how to vote and they did. (democrat)
One man after seeing what abortion was (in church) and how it was against Scripture, said 'I can never vote for anyone that supports that again'.
The other knowing all the same things said 'I could never vote pro-life because I wouldn't want to lie to my union buddies'.

This is a major part of what is wrong with America today. Christians love this world more then they love the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word

If you are a real Christian you should vote for those that support Biblical principles. And no I am not talking about forcing Christianity or a denomination into people by the government.

I personally have taken a vow before God to never vote for anyone that know supports abortion. There are times when people said I threw my vote away, but I voted for someone that was not a murderer.
If a President or Senator or Representative or... votes to support abortion does that person become part of the crime of murder. It is the same as handing a loaded gun to a angry man that you know is going to kill somebody. To vote for someone that you know is pro-abortion also make you an accessory to the crime of murder. Pardon my bluntness but this Christian-Political-Correctness is a stench before Almighty God.

In Him
Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Where are you going to find a just politician? That's like finding an honest criminal. It's reached the point where voters just have to choose the better and more convincing liar.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Petros wrote:I don't see anything in there about the contemptible practice of voting for the "least worst" candidate who by worldly wisdom "has a chance of winning".

The occurs because we have a primarily two-party system. I would prefer that there are NO party affiliations and people are elected solely on their stance on all of the current issues (a "Coalition" government system).
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nude together » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:12 pm

natman wrote:
Petros wrote:I don't see anything in there about the contemptible practice of voting for the "least worst" candidate who by worldly wisdom "has a chance of winning".

The occurs because we have a primarily two-party system. I would prefer that there are NO party affiliations and people are elected solely on their stance on all of the current issues (a "Coalition" government system).

The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 am

Chee whiz - three in a row in agreement.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 am

Jon-Marc wrote:Where are you going to find a just politician? That's like finding an honest criminal. It's reached the point where voters just have to choose the better and more convincing liar.
Yes, but actually these days when you find a just politician, I think YOU HAVE FOUND and honest criminal. It is almost as if "criminal" is part of the definition of politician, at least after they have been in office a while. Bad companions corrupt good morals.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:52 am

I repeat the dictum of our dean [might as well be secular politician], who quoted an administrative trade journal as saying "the art of administration is knowing WHEN to compromise your principles."

I do believe some pols and admin types HAVE principles. Some have good principles, some [I think] have morals. But EVERYTHING is on the bargaining table.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Christianity and Ethics