Well, There Goes NC

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Well, There Goes NC

Postby jjsledge » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Petros

I for one am glad you are here. I so enjoy reading your posts. It was good to know you were here before I left NC.

Jerry Sledge
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Petros wrote:
AmericanQuaker wrote: In the past year only one member was banned "Celius" who now is a prolific poster here under a different user name (Petros).

Dear me, Dr. Moriarty, dear me.

Let us be accurate. The gentleman was Professor Moriarty, never described as Doctor.

In the current American scene, it is possible but quite rare to attain even to a full professorship without a doctorate. In England, as late as the 60s - things were changing - professorships were less common than here but professorships sans doctorate rather more common.
Professor Moriarty, at the turn of the next to last century - who knows? I am willing to let him have the Dr on the off chance.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:59 pm

jjsledge wrote:Petros

I for one am glad you are here. I so enjoy reading your posts. It was good to know you were here before I left NC.

Jerry Sledge

Thankee kindly, Brother Jerry. I have to say you are consistently solid and sane.

I started out here, stepped in on NC cautiously and somewhat reluctantly.

I still cannot figure why His Nibs foams at the mouth at the mere thought of me - but then there was the guy at UCLA who never even met me... And the cap that I, yes, even-tempered fair minded Petros, spotted as a world class enemy at first sight.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Christianity and Ethics