All taken care of

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

All taken care of

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 am

Back toward the beginning of the year we heard one funding source had changed their ruls in such a way that my contract might not bew renewed or might be very much changed. There was concern in some quarters, a lot of waiting and anxiety.

We pretty much left it alone [not without prayer] - God has not dumped us out yet; if I am not renewed it is more loss to the org than to us.

Today I heard officially - I am renewed another year, in spite of allthe changes and wonderment.

So we - we here and the org - are rejoicing with resounding praise.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: All taken care of

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:01 am

Praise God. Very happy for you.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Hallelu Yah! :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 am

Being an electronics engineer, I worked in an area surrounded by aerospace companies. It was very common for some of my engineering friends to get laid off around November or December of each year as Government contracts came to an end. In most cases, they were re-hired some time in February when new contracts came out. They made more per hour than I did, but because I was continually employed, I made more each year than they did.

I worked for that company for 25 years, uninterrupted. I have worked for my current company for 15 years.

I would have a hard time working for a place where you never knew if you would have a job at the end of the year. But then, I have a lot of friends who are construction contractors who do not know if they'll have work for tomorrow.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:31 am

Well, what happened there? Replying I was kicked out - why?

Anyway, yes. I was told to leave tenure [with its problems] and get onto annual contracvt IF [with its positives].

But here I stand. Not always easy, but the path I need to follow.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby gardenlover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:33 pm

The longest I was able to work for one company was 15 years, it was then bought by an international company and dismantled in the course of three years.

I wonder if longevity with companies is becoming the exception rather than the rule.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:48 pm

In the USA, a single employer over a long career is becoming increasingly rare. In my case it was 5, 12, 1, and 13 years with a six year gap doing contract work through my own company. My wife just retired as a teamster union member and only three employers since she was 17 years old.

In essence, at the end of the week when they hand you your paycheck, you may or may not have a job the next week.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:46 am

I hear. I was with one company for 13 years, but it merged, then the merged company was bought, then my Customer Service department was outsourced to India and, well, layoffs happen. I have nothing against the Indian people, mind you; they are folks like us trying to make a living and a difference; but company loyalty to employees seems to be in the past. At least I got a decent severance. :?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 am

There's layoffs and layoffs - the time two "colleagues" tried to edge me out because each had a wife who would not have minded my slot - we fought that one [and win].
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jimmy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Praise the Lord!!

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:18 pm

natman wrote:I would have a hard time working for a place where you never knew if you would have a job at the end of the year. But then, I have a lot of friends who are construction contractors who do not know if they'll have work for tomorrow.

Nathan, the companies I relied on always let me down.
Now my morning prayer, "Give us Lord our daily bread".
(and he does!) :bow:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise