a little folding of the hands

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

a little folding of the hands

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:01 am

In spite of all the exhortations to keep vigil, the time is when this needs to be p[inned in the tobacconist's window.

For some time now - months - Herself has been battling an insidious insomnia. Details vary - last night she went to bed a little early, when I rose at 6:30 she had not slept yet. Much of what she gets is fitful dozing in the morning. Various treatments give her a night here, half a night there, but inconsistently.

We are praying for a viable schedule with enough sleep for peak physical / mental / spiritualcondition.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: a little folding of the hands

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:51 am

May La Perla find very relaxing and recuperative sleep soon.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:05 am

Petros wrote:In spite of all the exhortations to keep vigil, the time is when this needs to be p[inned in the tobacconist's window.

For some time now - months - Herself has been battling an insidious insomnia. Details vary - last night she went to bed a little early, when I rose at 6:30 she had not slept yet. Much of what she gets is fitful dozing in the morning. Various treatments give her a night here, half a night there, but inconsistently.

We are praying for a viable schedule with enough sleep for peak physical / mental / spiritualcondition.

Possible cause or causes: stress, lack of exercise during the day, bedroom not dark enough, bedroom not quiet enough, eating too much food too late at night, eating food too spicy or greasy too late at night, hidden malady that is causing pain that she won't talk about.
OR pineal gland problem (produces melatonin) possibly self-induced:

When people are exposed to sunlight or very bright artificial light in the morning, their nocturnal melatonin production occurs sooner, and they enter into sleep more easily at night. Melatonin production also shows a seasonal variation relative to the availability of light, with the hormone produced for a longer period in the winter than in the summer. The melatonin rhythm phase advancement caused by exposure to bright morning light has been effective against insomnia, premenstrual syndrome, and seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

The melatonin precursor, serotonin, is also affected by exposure to daylight. Normally produced during the day, serotonin is only converted to melatonin in darkness. Whereas high melatonin levels correspond to long nights and short days, high serotonin levels in the presence of melatonin reflect short nights and long days (i.e., longer UVR exposure). Moderately high serotonin levels result in more positive moods and a calm yet focused mental outlook. Indeed, SAD has been linked with low serotonin levels during the day as well as with a phase delay in nighttime melatonin production. It was recently found that mammalian skin can produce serotonin and transform it into melatonin, and that many types of skin cells express receptors for both serotonin and melatonin.

With our modern-day penchant for indoor activity and staying up well past dusk, nocturnal melatonin production is typically far from robust. “The light we get from being outside on a summer day can be a thousand times brighter than we’re ever likely to experience indoors,” says melatonin researcher Russel J. Reiter of the University of Texas Health Science Center. “For this reason, it’s important that people who work indoors get outside periodically, and moreover that we all try to sleep in total darkness. This can have a major impact on melatonin rhythms and can result in improvements in mood, energy, and sleep quality.”

For people in jobs in which sunlight exposure is limited, full-spectrum lighting may be helpful. Sunglasses may further limit the eyes’ access to full sunlight, thereby altering melatonin rhythms. Going shades-free in the daylight, even for just 10–15 minutes, could confer significant health benefits.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2290997/

Note comment that skin can produce serotonin and convert it to melatonin.
Running around naked in the sunshine every day is good medicine! :mrgreen:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Now THAT is interesting [thanks all for not pointing out he he dumb Petros put a prayer in the praise section - of course I COULD just have great faith]. Even with Aram's recent SAD debacle, we had not thought of this. She has had in the past some mild mood symptoms from SAD - never connected. Weshall look into this.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Petros wrote:Now THAT is interesting [thanks all for not pointing out he he dumb Petros put a prayer in the praise section - of course I COULD just have great faith]. Even with Aram's recent SAD debacle, we had not thought of this. She has had in the past some mild mood symptoms from SAD - never connected. Weshall look into this.

Praise is awaiting you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTuBRzDlTFw
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:09 am

I personally use NOW brand liquid melatonin. Just 1/2 dropper full about 1/2 hour before bed. I also try to get out in the sun, as mentioned by Ramblinman.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Petros wrote:...[thanks all for not pointing out he he dumb Petros put a prayer in the praise section - of course I COULD just have great faith]....
Easily moved. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:22 pm

I am pleased to say she had a decent sleep last night. Discussing the sitch, I discover that - with the solstice upon us, only two day's till Lucy's visit - she has been cutting down on melatonin, fearing addictive or overdose effects. Last night, after the discussion, she took a dose.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Petros wrote:I am pleased to say she had a decent sleep last night. Discussing the sitch, I discover that - with the solstice upon us, only two day's till Lucy's visit - she has been cutting down on melatonin, fearing addictive or overdose effects. Last night, after the discussion, she took a dose.
Good! Sometimes God works directly to answer prayer; sometimes He works through information a brother has. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Worship in Prayer