hiking free and breezy

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

hiking free and breezy

Postby DaveT » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:49 pm

got in a good naked hike yesterday. Neighbor who's 80 and recovering from a broken arm called on me to fix her water. It runs a good half mile through black pipe on top the ground, down a rough rocky mountainside, impossible to bury it, so it takes occasional maintenance. squirrels and other creatures take bites out of it and cause leaks, vinyl electrical tape takes care of them. joints fail and need fixing. I can drive my 4x4 suburban into the woods just out of sight of the road, leave clothes in the vehicle and take off carrying swiss jack knife with saw (handy little thing) and a couple rolls of tape. hike clear up to the spring and fix all the leaks. back down rechecking it all. Had to redo a crude joint that had pushed apart due to pressure from an airlock. Once it's tight it pushes the air out and runs again. picked up a couple ginseng roots on the way through since digging season has begun. Someone told me it's bringing $1400 a lb now, I haven't checked for myself. Highest I've seen it in past is around $850. I need to take off on some long naked hikes just to dig it, might be worth doing now. Ive seen several big plants on our own place since spring.
DaveT
Native Resident

Re: hiking free and breezy

Postby webmeister » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 pm

:like: :like:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:24 pm

DaveT wrote:... carrying swiss jack knife with saw (handy little thing) and a couple rolls of tape.
Are you sure your last name isn't MacGyver? :)

Now if your neighbor were one of us, or maybe she is...?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 pm

nope, neighbor who needed water is very anti nude. But what she don't know wont hurt her. Traditional conservative christian with the nude=lust mentality. And that's in spite of caring for her father till he died at 94, his joints froze up he couldn't get out of bed for the last 3 years or so. I saw him nude a few times myself when I went over to help her get him turned and cleaned up. She can't take that and translate it to every day life casual nudity.

That kind of water pipe fixin I have many years experience with, I had to maintain my own in the same manner until I managed to get it all underground. Most of it at least. There's still a short section across an old rock slide I couldn't bury. Plan on building a treated wood box for it someday, filled with sawdust maybe. But it's in 1.25" PVC, seems the squirrels can't get their teeth wide enough to get a bite on that. Long as the water runs steady that much exposed doesn't freeze.

Spent all day in the woods today. (naked of course) cut and pulled out (part way) 3 trees to sell. Then just wandered around, lay on an old piece of blanket for awhile. Cooled off a couple times with the hose on the new water spigot. Finally went off down through the woods to where a big patch of golden seal is and dug a handful. made some tea and sipping it now. Flavor is pretty powerful but it's a good natural antibiotic. Got a sore throat that keeps hangin on, I think it's beginning to subside now. If it's still hangin on tomorrow I'll go hunting some sweet annie, that'll knock out nearly anything, including malaria so I hear. Not so breezy today, it was hot and calm. Great for cutting trees, no breeze to send them the wrong way, but not so good for comfort. But with no fabric to hold in the heat it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still would have been tough without that cool water. I was getting too hot to keep working a couple times in spite of mostly shade. The humidity makes it feels oppressive.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:49 pm

DaveT wrote:...Spent all day in the woods today. (naked of course) cut and pulled out (part way) 3 trees to sell. Then just wandered around, lay on an old piece of blanket for awhile. Cooled off a couple times with the hose on the new water spigot. Finally went off down through the woods to where a big patch of golden seal is and dug a handful. made some tea and sipping it now. Flavor is pretty powerful but it's a good natural antibiotic. Got a sore throat that keeps hangin on, I think it's beginning to subside now. If it's still hangin on tomorrow I'll go hunting some sweet annie, that'll knock out nearly anything, including malaria so I hear. Not so breezy today, it was hot and calm. Great for cutting trees, no breeze to send them the wrong way, but not so good for comfort. But with no fabric to hold in the heat it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still would have been tough without that cool water. I was getting too hot to keep working a couple times in spite of mostly shade. The humidity makes it feels oppressive.
Sounds like the good life nevertheless. 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Not so good right now, must be some nasty flu bug. really knocked me out for a couple days. Has to be extra strong to hit in hot weather like this. It's usually chilly weather causing reduced body temperature and less sun exposure depressing the immune system that gives the usual bugs the opportunity to spread. The golden seal seemed to be effective and symptoms of recovery began immediately. Finally feeling much better today, but this evening the sore throat started returning rapidly like as if it's starting all over again. Guess the effect of the golden seal wore off, and the immune system hasn't developed it's immune response strong enough yet. So I'm repeating the golden seal tea, adding pine needle and plantain to it. (I've used that exclusively to get rid of bugs many times, it works, pine needles boost the immune system and plantain kills infections and pain, [the weed that's common in yard's, not the fruit]) Thinking again of going after some sweet annie, my brother tells me he knows where some is along the road just a few miles away. Just some generic weed by most people's reckoning, but good to cure a lot of ills. (he got the bug too a few hours before I did, he seems to be fighting it effectively with a big dose of garlic)
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:58 am

Dave, sorry to learn you're having trouble with "the bug" but hope you'll soon be able to rid yourself of it. I like the fact you're fighting it naturally, though I'd be at a loss regarding what to look for beyond the pine needles.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Any certain species of pine needles, Dave?
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jjsledge » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:17 am

Then there is this.

This recipe centers around herbs that have been known for their antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, and antifungal properties for centuries. The most famous mention of these herbs in this specific combination was by four thieves during the Bubonic Plague.

According to legend, four thieves, one of whom was an herbalist, robbed the homes of many who had died of the plague. They were eventually caught and brought to trial. One version of the story recounts that they were sentenced to bury the dead but would be set free if they survived. Another version tells that they were released in return for the recipe for the tonic that they credited with protecting them from the plague.

Either way, the thieves survived, as did the legend and the recipe for their herbal vinegar. Though we hopefully won’t ever need this remedy for anything as serious as the plague, it still serves as a valuable remedy against many illnesses and is a powerful disinfectant and bug spray.
Vinegar of the Four Thieves Ingredients:

2 TBSP Thyme (dried)
2 TBSP Rosemary (dried)
2 TBSP Sage (dried)
2 TBSP Lavender (dried)
2 TBSP Mint (dried)
4-8 cloves of minced garlic (optional)
One 32-ounce bottle of organic Apple Cider Vinegar with “the Mother”

You can also grow your own herbs. These are culinary herbs and can be added to various kitchen creations along with basil and oregano. Oregano is a strong anti-microbial and doesn't seem to damage the body's natural biome.

Several essential oil companies sell a 4 Thieves blend or variation. It will be called by different names. It seems "4 Thieves" name is copyrighted.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:20 pm

jjsledge wrote:...
2 TBSP Thyme (dried)
2 TBSP Rosemary (dried)
2 TBSP Sage (dried)
2 TBSP Lavender (dried)
2 TBSP Mint (dried)
4-8 cloves of minced garlic (optional)
One 32-ounce bottle of organic Apple Cider Vinegar with “the Mother”...

What, no parsley? :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:46 pm

Have you not heard of the SPPPPPPP? That would be the Society for the Prevention of Putting Parsley on People's Plates in Public Places. I only see it on plates at restaurants.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:08 am

What, no parsley? :mrgreen:

One article I read stated that there are 17 different recipes for the thieves oil, so, parsley may be in one of them or you could make the 18th recipe. :lol: Parsley is a breath freshener and aids in digestion.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Of course I might have to go to Scarborough Fair to find proper parsley, sage and rosemary. If I only had the thyme... :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 pm

any pine, or western juniper berries. Or eastern hemlock, anything in the pitch sap family with needles of some sort. I have one hemlock tree I just went and picked a branch from. (the deadly poison hemlock plant is unrelated) I did a little reading and found this incurable sore throat is pretty common. Hadn't even thought about it but the old practice of tonsillectomy has been the final resort of the medical field. That's not a real cure. It's like if yer finger gets an infection, instead of putting a poultice on it to draw out the infection, just chop it off, cured real quick. People have gone to doctors and tried every antibiotic they can think of for months, nothing helps. Which explained why all my natural antibiotics weren't doing anything. And which is why they resort to chopping off the offending parts sometimes. One place recommended just doing everything possible to enhance the bodies immune system and let the body fight it off. And some reports of that being successful. So I decided the pine needle tea would have to be my solution. I've done it before for illness of several kinds with excellent results. I make a gallon every day and try to drink that much, use it for all my water. I add broad or narrow leaf plantain if it's around, gives the tea a smooth taste kind of, and kills pain when needed to some extent. It'll kill toothache pain as well. Or just a plantain leaf chewed up and wadded in the cheek beside the offending tooth. Anyway, was feeling good to work this morning so got my logs sold that I'd started on last week. Then went to walmart and got a hot plate and stock pot to make tea conveniently in my own abode. Used to do it that way but gave away the old hot plate (it was slow as a snail to heat anyway, probably just a warming plate) and my old stock pot had rusted a hole through it. After doing nothing for it all day sore throat seems almost gone but I can tell there's some inflammation there yet.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:57 am

There will be exceptions. Research in homeopathy shows the conifers closely related in operation, but with differences reflecting their chemical makeup. I would expect straight herbal remedies to be less differentiated, but there are real differences in composition, and I am betting our Texas Christmas tree - it was some South American conifer, looked good enough like a fat needled blue spruce but smelled of pineapple!-
would miss the mark on the critical component.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Next

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism