¿Y los pies?

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: ¿Y los pies?

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Gallery of water-related pseudoscience

As P.T. Barnum said, "There is a sucker born every minute." In that list of wacko stuff I saw one that said "water with a reverse spin." Is that water made with anti-matter? As Arthur C. Clark said, "An advanced society is indistinguishable from magic." Too bad, I would love to be a wizard. All jokes aside, I stick to God. His power is real and has been demonstrated.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 am

New_Adventurer wrote:
Gallery of water-related pseudoscience

As P.T. Barnum said, "There is a sucker born every minute." In that list of wacko stuff I saw one that said "water with a reverse spin." Is that water made with anti-matter? As Arthur C. Clark said, "An advanced society is indistinguishable from magic." Too bad, I would love to be a wizard. All jokes aside, I stick to God. His power is real and has been demonstrated.

I went down the stairs to my basement to inspect the washing machine control panel...
No sir, no reverse spin setting!

There was a lot of interesting discussion about surface tension, Van der Waals forces and Brownian motion in a cylinder (modeling blood vessels), but no 4th state for water.
(Solid, liquid and gaseous states are the three I know of). Now glass is a plasma with varying degrees of viscosity depending upon temperature, but that isn't water.
And yes, it would be interesting to create a glass of anti-water, if you could find a safe place to store it. :shock:

All jokes aside, I stick to God. His power is real and has been demonstrated. I think I just found my new tag line!
Any old BBS sysops on our forum? I was a new user back in the days of BBS, sysops and dialup networking...
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:17 pm

All jokes aside, I stick to God. His power is real and has been demonstrated. I think I just found my new tag line!
Any old BBS sysops on our forum? I was a new user back in the days of BBS, sysops and dialup networking...

Oh yes, I remember the "good old days." Acoustical couplers and 300 baud dial-up, the Carter phone decision, 8-track audio tape, 9-track computer tape on 10-inch reels, the big innovation called mini-computers, and dinosaurs (although I never actually met one). I doubt you can even find dialup service any more. Several years ago I tried to connect to my old ISDN service and found that it was still active and connectable, but Internet Explorer said 56K baud was too slow and refused to talk to it. That was when high bandwidth data transmission was a roll of tape in a FedEx box.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:52 pm

An article on going barefoot. http://www.naturalhealth365.com/emf-earthing-2085.html

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:39 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:

Oh yes, I remember the "good old days." Acoustical couplers and 300 baud dial-up, the Carter phone decision, 8-track audio tape, 9-track computer tape on 10-inch reels, the big innovation called mini-computers, and dinosaurs (although I never actually met one). I doubt you can even find dialup service any more. Several years ago I tried to connect to my old ISDN service and found that it was still active and connectable, but Internet Explorer said 56K baud was too slow and refused to talk to it. That was when high bandwidth data transmission was a roll of tape in a FedEx box.

I was on a Christian BBS and one of the sysops always had nudist taglines. I was shocked, Christian AND nudist? :shock:
I got over it! :duh:

Taglines are arguably easily ported to the current message board world.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:43 pm

jjsledge wrote:An article on going barefoot. http://www.naturalhealth365.com/emf-earthing-2085.html

Jerry

Jerry, I wear a wrist strap when I work on sensitive electronics.
Technicians understand that grounding is necessary, even when you don't realize or feel that you are carrying a charge, you are!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
jjsledge wrote:An article on going barefoot. http://www.naturalhealth365.com/emf-earthing-2085.html

Jerry

Jerry, I wear a wrist strap when I work on sensitive electronics.
Technicians understand that grounding is necessary, even when you don't realize or feel that you are carrying a charge, you are!

Too true about your body carrying a charge. I remember reading a while back about the earth acting as an electrical ground for your body, and that footwear impedes that. Thanks Jerry. I wonder if going barefoot outside will help with some of the headaches and sinus issues I usually attribute to allergies.

Unfortunately it's unlikely for any of us to completely escape electromagnetic radiation, even if we eliminate WiFi and such from our houses, as radio towers broadcast signals for many miles. Air traffic control on VHF can sometimes broadcast upwards of 100 miles and then there's shortwave radio which extends worldwide.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:50 am

I wear a wrist strap when I work on sensitive electronics.

Wrist straps are great for static charges or residual DC currents. I remember when the static discharge problem was discovered to be blowing out Field Effect Transistors and the determined effort to figure out why, and then what to do about it. One interesting discovery was that ladies lingerie was a major culprit. Nylon, polyester, and silk developed a large charge due to friction, and many assembly technicians are (and were then also) women. Enter the era of wrist straps, partially conductive work surfaces, partially conductive floors, ion generators for the air, cotton smocks with fabric softeners, heel straps, ESD training, and ESD QA requirements for the entire workplace.

As for the RF problems, Wi-Fi, radio, TV, Radar all operate at frequencies high enough that their wave lengths make wrist straps a fallacy. Your "direct path to ground" may very well be an antenna and you are at the end of a conductor. In RF, the end of a conductor has no current flow, so that becomes a somewhat-high voltage point, depending on the field strength of the RF. So what is the answer? Stick to plumbing and carpentry.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:10 pm

jjsledge, the article's author lost me when he began to question whether the heart was a pump, and cited the fact that blood flows much slower in the capillaries. He created an analogy of a fast, narrow river compared to a slow, broad river. But the analogy doesn't hold water or any other fluid. The aorta doesn't narrow to just one capillary: it divides into hundreds of thousands or millions of them. A better analogy is a river, coming into a wetland as a single channel but dividing into many, many smaller channels. Naturally less water is flowing through each channel, but the total volume of water remains the same (and is probably increased by underground water sources under the wetland, but that doesn't invalidate my analogy). So there is no reason not to believe that the heart actually pumps blood throughout our "Earth-encircling" blood vessels.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:23 am

Jim wrote:Sun, earth, and human touch all sound good to me. But the negative ion and field effect things sure seem like pseudoscience.

Get into radio and earth energy sciences and it starts making sense, then get into radiant/zeropoint energy science and it really gets interesting. Ever wander why a compass needle works? It's electric current flowing in earths surface creating a magnetic field. The earth has some resemblance to a big electric motor. Field effect is a common element in electronics. Capacitance and field effect transistors are part of every day life. A "simple" capacitor is a very interesting thing. Just two conductive plates close to each other but not touching. Make one side positive and the other negative (battery connected) and it creates a charged field between the plates that holds when the power is removed. Will discharge instantly when shorted. When discharged through a spark gap across a coil it creates a high energy magnetic field jolt. use it with a resonance tuned air coil step up transformer and you have a tesla coil. Artificial lightening when that is scaled up. The effect discovered and made use of long ago with the original layden jars.

Then there's the science of soil fertility management in the nutrient dense/high brix areas of research, and that gets into the positive and negative ions of soil energy, and how to manipulate them with mineral substances and PH adjustments to grow plants more efficiently and healthfully. It has to do with molecular spin and seems to relate to the magnetic field vortex. There's cationic and anionic, which parallels with ammonia and nitrate nitrogen, which relates to direction of molecular spin. When a solution is borderline all it takes is an old vitamix with reverse blade direction control to tip the balance one way or the other.
DaveT
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Nudism and Health Issues