American Gospel (documentary)

There are many views on becoming a Christian. Here you may discuss your views, and even disagree with the introductory sticky post. Make sure you offer your rationale, and talk with each other courteously and respectfully. If you are not a Christian, this is a good place to ask your questions.<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

American Gospel (documentary)

Postby Thulcandrian » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:53 am

Has anyone here seen the documentary film American Gospel? My wife and I discovered it over Christmas and have been sharing it with all our friends. It lays out the basics of Christianity very clearly and goes on to call out a lot of false teaching within the American church. I highly recommend it!
Thulcandrian
Native Resident

Re: American Gospel (documentary)

Postby Thulcandrian » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Just found this in my old posts. The filmmakers came out with a second film this year, called American Gospel: Christ Crucified. It’s about the meaning and importance of the Atonement, and how that is getting redefined and denied by many people calling themselves Christians.

In other news, the filmmakers recently had an offer from a major streaming service to start carrying their films. They didn’t specify which one it was, but it sounded like Netflix. They’re also available to buy from Amazon and iTunes.

If you haven’t seen them, check them out!
Thulcandrian
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:31 pm

:like: :like: :like:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Thulcandrian » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:45 pm

Right, I forgot to mention that!

They released the first 45-60 minutes online, which is the part with a clear explanation of the Gospel.
Thulcandrian
Native Resident

Return to How to become a Christian